Ok, Ive been looking into getting a Les Paul for a while now. Ive decided to go with an Agile. My question, is there a big difference in durability and build quality in the 2000 and 3000 model? Im going to be playing bands like Escape The Fate and Anberlin, and I write what I call metalcore influenced alternative rock. Im hoping to be using a Bugera 6262 soon, upgrading from a Peavey Bandit with a Zoom G2. Will I be able to get the tone Im looking for? Any comments will be appreciated.
do you already have a guitar? because depending on what you have I might suggest getting a better amp instead of a new guitar.
Yeah, I have a Schecter Damien 6 that I love, and an Epi G400 Custom. Im upgrading the Bandit to a Bugera 6262 2x12 combo very soon. Im selling my Bandit, the Zoom pedal, and my Gibson Faded V because im not really into it anymore. Its been sitting in the gig bag for a few months now. Im selling all that stuff so I can buy the amp and maybe some new pedals, by the way.
Last edited by minchew at Jul 20, 2009,
I would say just go with a new ams setup for now, you already have good guitars that'll last you awhile. If you have enough money look in to the 333xl half stack (Im a fan of it). I have no experience with agiles but with a new amp you would have a really good setup.
Why downgrade guitars that much? I mean Agiles are extremely good for the price but a Gibson V down to an Agile just seems a little silly. But if you want, I'll trade ya my AL 2000 for the V... lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
I think he is getting rid of the v and bandit to get the Bugera. With the extra he plans on picking up the Agile. Correct me if im wrong?
Chaos is correct. Im selling the V to get the Bugera. I just dont like it anymore. Im picking up a cheap guitar because 1. Ive always wanted a Les Paul but I cant afford a real Gibson or a better Epiphone, so Im going the Agile route. 2. Im going to college so Im looking for a cheaper guitar to take with me. Again, how is the build quality different in these two models and does anyone know if this would give me the tone I want? And thank you for posting.
Last edited by minchew at Jul 20, 2009,
I haven't played a 3000 before but from experience with the 2000 its great quality. However, you might find the pickups a bit muddy for your style of music, so maybe a pickup swap would be in order. But then again, I'm not sure how your amp would handle it, its kind of hard to say. Give the Agile a shot and if you don't like it, send it back. Painless.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
Give the Agile a shot and if you don't like it, send it back. Painless.

+1
The 3100 is a major upgrade on the 2000, in terms of both quality of woods and craftmanship. Definitely go for the 3100, they are well worth the extra. I hear that Kurt is getting in a bunch of new AL's at the end of the month, so you'll have a lot more to choose from soon too.

You'll probably want to upgrade the pickups though. They are really good pickups, don't get me wrong, but they don't have the output you'd want for the heavy stuff.

In that light, I'd recommend skipping the extra pedals for now, and getting some Duncan Blackouts for it.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
Last edited by madrigal77 at Jul 20, 2009,
Alright guys, thanks for the help. Ill probably put put the extra cash for the 3100 then. Also, can anyone tell me which Bugera would be better for me, the 6262 or the 333XL. And I have to get a combo. A 4x12 cab wont fit in my Chevy Malibu, so I have to go with a 2x12 combo. Thanks again for the help.
Like i said earlier i personally like the 333xl better. First time I saw bugeras i tried both of them and immediately liked the tone of the tone of the 333. the 333 has three channels where the 6262 has two. Personally when i tried the 6262 it had no treble "bite" whatsoever, the tone response is way higher on the 333. The combo version is pretty sweet too since you cant get the halfstack. Either way they're both pretty cheap good amps. Go on youtube and see the demos of each, that'll give you an idea of which you want.
Alright. Thanks for all the help. Ill look into a 333XL, and a 3000 if I have enough left over. It just depends on if I get the amount I want for all of my stuff. Thanks guys.