While I do not personally like his music, I cant take away from his insane skill...I have to lean towards Steve Vai on this one
Buckethead
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by Vlasco
I cannot answer this... the question makes no sense.

i will try to make the time and let you know
Quote by samlocke14
gee this has only been done, what like 100000000000000 times?
hell why not 100000000000001 times.

yeah i figured...just bored and figured hey maybe somebody will throw somebody in there i dont know about and i can go check their stuff out
Johnny Searchbar is an absolute beast man.

Anyway, unanswerable thread is unanswerable. Too much of someone's answer involves taste, there is no "best", everyone has someone they like the most. One person says Buckethead, another says Hendrix, a third says Satch, someone says Vai, it's a mess and unanswerable.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Johnny Searchbar is an absolute beast man.

Anyway, unanswerable thread is unanswerable. Too much of someone's answer involves taste, there is no "best", everyone has someone they like the most. One person says Buckethead, another says Hendrix, a third says Satch, someone says Vai, it's a mess and unanswerable.

definitely true on the unanswerable part, but it does come in handy, like now you just gave me someone im unfamiliar with...and im sure im not the only one, and now i can check stuff out from a great guitarist i otherwise would have not heard of
Quote by kramer242
definitely true on the unanswerable part, but it does come in handy, like now you just gave me someone im unfamiliar with...and im sure im not the only one, and now i can check stuff out from a great guitarist i otherwise would have not heard of

Hmm...touche, touche indeed Anyway, it constantly changes for me depending on what kind of feel I'm trying to get, but I'm trying to figure out how to play slide decently right now, so I'm going to go ahead and say Duane Allman for now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
the best guitarist out there is probably a nerd who still lives with his parents who sits in his room playing his BC rich warlock into his marshall MG10CD solidly not even stopping to eat or sleep. anything is possible. the chances are the best guitarist in the world is someone nobody has ever heard of, let alone heard playing

that being said it could be some pop-punk guitarist who is only seen publicly playing power chords. nobody plays at the peak of their ability all the time, so why does everyone assume that the best bit of guitar playing anyone does on their records or live is the best that particular person can do?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I haven't been on these forums that long and I've seen about a million ofthese. Thereis no best guitarist! Everyone has an opinion sothere will be no one person...

Anyways, reported.