I am trying to figure out what the perfect distortion pedal for my 7 string would be....I currently have a digitech grunge and a marshall jackhammer, both of which do not give off that extremely heavy snarl i want. I'm looking for something heavy that does not have an exceptionly smooth sound. I need something that has a certain roughness to it, can someone help me on this?
EHX metal muff: capable of nice buzzsaw tones.
line 6 uber-metal: full on "kill," pure tone-robber turns your signal into a chainsaw. nastiest of the nasty, but usable if that's what you're going for... and you can get 'em CHEAP!
Quote by kramer242
I am trying to figure out what the perfect distortion pedal for my 7 string would be....I currently have a digitech grunge and a marshall jackhammer, both of which do not give off that extremely heavy snarl i want. I'm looking for something heavy that does not have an exceptionly smooth sound. I need something that has a certain roughness to it, can someone help me on this?

Having 7 strings doesn't make a difference to what distortion you use.

Anyway, Metal Muff sounds good for you.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
Having 7 strings doesn't make a difference to what distortion you use.

Anyway, Metal Muff sounds good for you.

no i figured that the pickups in my guitar have a much smoother sound then the ones in my 6 string n i just want to roughen it up a bit
Quote by kramer242
i use a 120 watt spider III
unfortunately, i cannot recommend a pedal that will go well with a spider III as it will sound exactly the same. even a top of the range valve pedal will only mask the original tone, not drive it. pedals are designed as a separate way of driving tube/valve amps. they only work with solid state amps on occasions, but rarely modelling amps. a BBE Sonic Stomp fits really nicely in the line out of a Vetta II.
do you have a line-out on your spider III?