What are some good FX units for:
Delay
Reverb
Chorus
My budget is $150 or less for each(if just one-effect pedals), or if they are Multi-Effects then less than $400.
Ive been looking at:
TC Electronic G-Major - $299(would have to but control/footswitch to though)
TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator Modulation Guitar - $249

I really like the G-Major because it has everything in one unit but then the only problem is that i still need something to control it, if i got this i would probably get the Ground Control Pro - $399

Any suggestions/help is appretiated.
Quote by eighttroy19
What are some good FX units for:
Delay
Reverb
Chorus
My budget is $150 or less for each(if just one-effect pedals), or if they are Multi-Effects then less than $400.
Ive been looking at:
TC Electronic G-Major - $299(would have to but control/footswitch to though)
TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator Modulation Guitar - $249

I really like the G-Major because it has everything in one unit but then the only problem is that i still need something to control it, if i got this i would probably get the Ground Control Pro - $399

Any suggestions/help is appretiated.

Here's a rough guide
Not 100% sure if their all in your budget

I'll vouch for the small clone and DD-3. They're great budget pedals

Delay:

Analog
- Carbon copy (Might be a bit pricey?)

Digital
- Boss DD-3
- Digitech Hardwire

Reverb

Analog
-Holy Grail?

Digital
- Digitech Hardwire (Great Pick)
- Boss RV-7 I think?

Chorus

- EHX Small Clone
- Boss CE-5
- Digitech Hardwire Delay
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
t-rex tonebug reverb
boss ce-2 chorus
vox time machine delay
those are my 3 picks
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Delay
TC Electronics Nova Repeater

Reverb
Dr Scientist RRR (If you can afford it, im not sure how much they go for in US. Mabye you could pick up a used one if there over budget.)

I wouldnt suggest getting the Holy Grail, or the Holier grail, and not even the Holiest grail.

Chorus

EHX Small Clone is a good, cheap choice.

Dont know much about Chorus' really. The early Boss ones are supposed to be great. I think the CE-2 would be a good choice, from what ive heard.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by hendrixftw
Here's a rough guide
Not 100% sure if their all in your budget

I'll vouch for the small clone and DD-3. They're great budget pedals

Delay:

Analog
- Carbon copy (Might be a bit pricey?)

Digital
- Boss DD-3
- Digitech Hardwire

Reverb

Analog
-Holy Grail?

Digital
- Digitech Hardwire (Great Pick)
- Boss RV-7 I think?

Chorus

- EHX Small Clone
- Boss CE-5
- Digitech Hardwire Delay

Can you really hear much of a difference between Analog and Digital?
Quote by DiizZ
Delay
TC Electronics Nova Repeater

Reverb
Dr Scientist RRR (If you can afford it, im not sure how much they go for in US. Mabye you could pick up a used one if there over budget.)

I wouldnt suggest getting the Holy Grail, or the Holier grail, and not even the Holiest grail.

Chorus

EHX Small Clone is a good, cheap choice.

Dont know much about Chorus' really. The early Boss ones are supposed to be great. I think the CE-2 would be a good choice, from what ive heard.

Is the TC Electronic Nova Delay the same as the repeater?
-Well I think this looks pretty good: TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator Modulation Guitar its $249, but its not just Chorus so i think its a good deal. Has anyone used one of these, how do they sound?
-Delay and Chorus are what I need most right now since my amp already has reverb(i just think a reverb pedal might sound better). I dont use much of other modulation besides chorus.
-So im mainly looking at delay pedals right now, these are what i've found, but im not sure how good they are:
- Boss DD-7 Digital Delay - $169
- MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay - $149
- Boss DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal - $109
How are these^?
Is there any pedals with Delay and Reverb on it?
Ive been looking at these, which is the best for the money?
Delay:
- Line 6 DL4 Delay
- TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay
- TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay
Modulation:
- Line 6 MM4 Modulation Guitar Effects Pedal
- TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator Modulation
- TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger
I would take the TC Nova Repeater, and the TC Stereo Chorus Flanger. Both fantastic pedals.

Quote by Danyg
Quote by eighttroy19
Can you really hear much of a difference between Analog and Digital?

Yes. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice digital pedals but Analog sounds sweeter to my ears. (There are bad analog pedals too though, ex. holy grail)

For example, the DD-3 is a nice Delay but it cant even touch a carbon copy or a Deluxe Memory Man.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I nice spring reverb would be a Malekko Spring Chicken.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Personally, i prefer digital Delays to analog ones. I much prefer my Nova Repeater to Carbon Copy.

There's good and bad from both sides. Its like Tube vs SS. There is no 'better'.
Each product should be judged by how it sounds, not whether its analog/digital/tube/ss/whatever.

Quote by Danyg
The Carbon Copy is actually fairly digital sounding for an analog delay pedal. A better choice (if you want warm repeats) would be the EHX Memory Boy...

But on the digital side, I love my Hardwire DL-8. It's very versatile, has tap tempo, a looper and good analog and tape simulations.

As for a good reverb, check the Malekko Spring Chicken (for something simple)... dunno much about Chorus, so no comment there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you're lokking into the Memory Man, also look into the Behringer copy of it, Vintage Time Machine. It's all analog; of course it's cheaply built and a copy, but it sounds the same and is 1/3 of the price.
For reverbs, it's all about Lexicon, the MX series are nice rack MIDI units.
I own a Rocktron Intellifex, you can find one used for less than 150$ and it has great delays, reverbs and chorus.
Quote by LegsOnEarth
BOSS RE-20 SPACE ECHO. End thread.

sssseriously?

...just to weigh in, analog delay will sound warmer and add more ambience tonally, whereas digital delay will be more crisp and do more interresting things rythmically. carbon copy is ok... not very good for an analog delay IMO, but people seem to like it enough. if you go digital, don't get it because it has the best analog sim, get it because that's the digital sound you want.

...and digital delays all sound the same to me. a big part of the equation is what amp you're using it on.
So i think the Nova Repeater would be a pretty good delay, does anyone else own one? I dont want to pay more than what the Nova Repeater is worth ($169US) for a delay pedal, thats my budget. So any any other suggestions less than this would be nice, something pretty versatile.
And does anyone have any information on the Line6 MM4 or TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger?
Quote by Raijouta
The Carbon Copy is actually fairly digital sounding for an analog delay pedal. A better choice (if you want warm repeats) would be the EHX Memory Boy...

But on the digital side, I love my Hardwire DL-8. It's very versatile, has tap tempo, a looper and good analog and tape simulations.

As for a good reverb, check the Malekko Spring Chicken (for something simple)... dunno much about Chorus, so no comment there.

What do you think of the Boss DD-3? I see you have one of those... I dont think i need Long delay time, just mostly a Tears Dont Fall, Seek and Destroy delay... a long delay would be good just in case, but i dont know if i really need it.