Hey people, i make old broken leads into short little connectors for singles peddals and stuff. All is well there but I am now wanting to know how to make old broken leads into re-usable ones. I do know that it has nothing to do with the actual jack but instead (if I am correct) it has to do with the cable about 3 or 4 intches down the cable. So, any ideas????
i dont get it, you are able to make broken ones in to shorter working ones...
yet you dont know how to fix them normaly...
that doesnt quite make sence.

then again electronics seems to just make sence in my head...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
^
the way you spell "sense" just doesn't make any sense in my head
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
damn your're senses!
i like my sences.

ok, damnit i stuffed up. >___<
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Most of the time it the wrapped shield wire thats breaks near the jack from being pulled etc. All you can do is cut it back and resolder. Most of the time it lasts a little while then starts acting up again. Eventually its best to spend the money on some quality cables that last longer and have a lifetime warranty.
Quote by metal-matt
i dont get it, you are able to make broken ones in to shorter working ones...
yet you dont know how to fix them normaly...
that doesnt quite make sence.

thats because it doesnt.

if you can make patch cables from a longer cable you should be able to fix a longer cable too since its the same exact thing as a patch cable, only longer.
Ok cool, I have tried it but it really doesnt work, hey dudes, not cool saying stuff about my spelling hey, I am on school holidays. I can spell just too lazy. Anyways, was a dumb queation but thanks anyway
Quote by Dweezel
Ok cool, I have tried it but it really doesnt work, hey dudes, not cool saying stuff about my spelling hey, I am on school holidays. I can spell just too lazy. Anyways, was a dumb queation but thanks anyway

if you are too lazy to spell don't be surprised when people are too lazy to help you with your question.