Peavey 5150 definitely. Bugera 6262s are made from china and the reason why they are cheap because they contain cheap components and its almost like sweatshops make them.

Peavey 5150s were made in America so they contained higher class components which go an overall better sound and reliability issue.

I might be wrong. Be free to correct.
Last edited by Photograph at Jul 20, 2009,
photograph is rigth to an extent, the electronics and tubes in the 6262 are as good as anything but the flimsy stuff is the case knobs plastic etc. but there is a massive price difference, i think the 6262 sounds awesome but if you have the money go the 5150 definatly
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
I don't believe that because it is American made it is more reliable, but I would go with the 5150 if you can find one used. Tone is MUCH more full, and the circutry is better
I agree with ned, 5150's are big nuts. also, I've heard of many having reliability nightmares with bugera... not sure if that was a particular model or the brand in general, as I am not well versed with Bugera amps, but I've been under the hood of one before and I wasn't too impressed with the craftsmanship.
OK, Another question... Is there a big difference in the sound between the peavey 5150 and the 6505+?
Quote by Andreasdarude
OK, Another question... Is there a big difference in the sound between the peavey 5150 and the 6505+?

yes.

The +/II has a better clean channel while the 6505/5150 has more gain(but the gain on 4 is enough for me)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Andreasdarude
What do u guys think, A new Bugera 6262 or an old Peavey 5150? Why?

Of course the 5150 is better...

The Buegra is a knockoff - HOWEVER!!!

The Bugera is much better value for the price new - The QC might be a bit dodgy but it's great value. I'd probably take a 5150 over the bugera...
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Peavey 5150's are known work horses and are highly reliable. They have been used by professionals on the road now for over a decade so they are a trusted name and amplifier.

Vs.

The Bugera copy which is a product of Behringer. The company as a whole is known for putting out cheap unrelaible products. And there has been a number of issues with Bugera amps. But you get what you pay for, we are talking about an amp at half the cost. So your going to have about double the possible issues. The amps just look and feel cheap and the internals are no exception to the rule.

And as for sound I personally prefer the originals. Demo'ed them side by side and wasnt impressed. But I also had the cash for an original so take that with a grain of salt.

The amps are budget amps so there great if you want new and they fit your budget thats pretty much it. Regardless of all the other mumbo jumbo.

Quote by Andreasdarude

5150: Less versatile, more gain, not the best cleans, raw sounding

6505+: Alot more versatile, less gain but its a moot point considering we are talking 5 is pretty much the max out on the 5150 and 7 is the max out on the 6505+, better cleans but still no the best, smoother sounding
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by nedthehead
I don't believe that because it is American made it is more reliable, but I would go with the 5150 if you can find one used. Tone is MUCH more full, and the circutry is better

so youre speaking from experience right? because if you are, then I would argue but since you are probably just reapeating what you heard, I won't even bother
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Thanks for the posts !

I actually bought a used Peavey 6505, and it sounds freakin' amazing. And to you who wonder which ones sounds better, 6505 vs. 6262, I'd say that the 6262 sounds a little bit better when you're at low volumes, but when you actually turn it up, the 6505 kicks it's ass so bad The distortion is much more distinct. Considering the fact that both are 120 watt amps, I don't believe that anyone would buy one for "low volume playing" . The 6262 also feels alot cheaper IMO, the pots are f**cking useless.
Bugera's have not had near as many issues as of late. The QC went through the roof after the first run came out and molex connectors were frying etc.

However,

The 6262 is modeled after the 5150II which IS a bit different from a 5150.

The 6260 is a direct clone of the original block letter 5150.

Conclusion:

Get a 5150 if you can find one used. They go for around $4-500

If not, for sure, go with the 6260 or 6262.
Having owned both, get the Peavey. The Resonance making all the difference. The Peavey has more bass. Period. I suppose this could be rectified in the Bugera with an EQ in the loop or a mod. I'd still go Peavey though...
go for the 5150, sure they are a tince more expensive, but you will be glad you bought it in the long run.
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
played on a 6252 or w/e its called...and it just plain sucks..mud that's all it sounds like......waste of money a decent SS amp sounds better that's just plain pitiful
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
played on a 6252 or w/e its called...and it just plain sucks..mud that's all it sounds like......waste of money a decent SS amp sounds better that's just plain pitiful

Uh...what?

Sorry, buy the 6262 is far from bad. Granted it's not close to a top of the line tube amp, but regardless, it is still an amazing amp especially for it's price. I don't know if you just tried a bad one or had some messed up EQ or something, but all the one's I've tried I've thought were very good for the money.

@TS, personally, I'd still probably go 5150. Although they're close, and either is good, I personally find the Peavey just slightly a bit ahead. I don't know if that justifies the price difference for you or not, though.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by numbfinger

Doesn't actually sound at all like you've played it. Either that or it was broken. I've been using mine at band practice with friends and I love it. Great value for price.

Having said that, I'd say you might want to go for the Peavey IF you can find one for the same price. In Finland 5150's go for 1.5x the price the Bugeras go (900 euros or more), so it wasn't really an option for me.

Then again, it'd be the best if you could try both amps out and choose for yourself which one you like more.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by numbfinger

please don't tell me you dimed the gain on it. these things have oodles of gain
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.