Looking for single channel valve amps with good cleans. I use Big Muff and Rat2 so I don't have use for amps dirty channel at all. Been looking at Vox AC15/30 and some Fender combos, but I would use some suggestions from you guys. I play in a band with drummer, another guitarist and bass player so Im not looking for bedroom amp but not a 100 wat fullstack either. The amp itself could have brit-pop sounding cleans. AC15 is single channel, but would it be loud enough to play in our band as we play pretty loud? I need clean headroom so Im afraid 15 wat couldnt probably make it. Any suggestions?
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
I know you said you wanted single channel, but you could get a two channel and only use one channel.

Such as the Laney VC30.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I have not problem with two channel amps, of course. I just wouldnt use it so much so it would be "waste of money". Ill check those amps out. What about the Fender amps?
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
Quote by andios
I have not problem with two channel amps, of course. I just wouldnt use it so much so it would be "waste of money". Ill check those amps out. What about the Fender amps?

VC30 is half the price of a Vox AC30, but is equal in sound.
Having two channels means you can experiment to find which channel sounds best, so it's not really a waste.

Which Fender amp are you looking at?
Generally, they'd also be perfect for your musical style.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
I kinda like the Bassman sound (only Fender valve which Ive played), but theyre expensive as hell. I don't know a lot about Fender amps, but what about those blues-something and and hot rod deluxes?
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!
Quote by andios
I kinda like the Bassman sound (only Fender valve which Ive played), but theyre expensive as hell. I don't know a lot about Fender amps, but what about those blues-something and and hot rod deluxes?

Blues Jr.
I believe that they are quite good IIRC.

IMO, you need to walk into a guitar shop and play all Fender amps, and the Laney VC30 [NOT the LC30].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

Its not a single channel but it has beautiful cleans and handles pedals well
***Short Sig***
^ This or take a look at the Laneys. They are good amps!

EDIT: Not sure on my clean amps, but would the peavey classic 30 be a good suggestion?
Last edited by Photograph at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by Photograph
^ This or take a look at the Laneys. They are good amps!

EDIT: Not sure on my clean amps, but would the peavey classic 30 be a good suggestion?

Depends on where you live, but it's similar to the VC30.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO