I want to know how to "unlock" my whammy bar-function on my
(90's american made) Fender stratocaster. Right know i think it's "locked".

I know your supose to do something with the 3 springs in the back, but what?

If you know of any guide on this please link to it

Thanks
Wait, you mean you can't depress the bridge at all or did you just lock your whammy bar itself so it can't swing around and stuff

'Cause if it's the last thing some guitars have a screw or something hidden inside the bridge. If you depress your whammy bar (dive-bomb) a little the screw in the back becomes visible and you can adjust it with a tiny allen wrench

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you mean "blocked" as in that the whammy is unmovable?
If that's the case, you need to remove the backpanel and check how it's blocked.
It's usually either a piece of wood or two stuck between the bridge and guitar, or it is overloaded with high tension springs. To unblock it, either remove the woodshims or reduce the number of springs.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Actually i don't know, I bought it from a friend and he's the one who locked it. so your saying theres a screw somewhere?
Quote by SinnaSatan
Do you mean "blocked" as in that the whammy is unmovable?
If that's the case, you need to remove the backpanel and check how it's blocked.
It's usually either a piece of wood or two stuck between the bridge and guitar, or it is overloaded with high tension springs. To unblock it, either remove the woodshims or reduce the number of springs.

Yeah thats it thanks! I removed one of the 3 springs and know I can move it
You probably wanna keep three springs in there, two is a probably a bit loose and will cause a few issues with hand pressure/bends etc.

Put the other spring back in, and loosen the claw a bit (there should be 2 screws holding a claw like thing where the springs hook on to) so the bridge will float.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by Ratfish
You probably wanna keep three springs in there, two is a probably a bit loose and will cause a few issues with hand pressure/bends etc.

Put the other spring back in, and loosen the claw a bit (there should be 2 screws holding a claw like thing where the springs hook on to) so the bridge will float.

Ya, you need to do this. The guitar won't stay in tune long with just two springs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Ratfish

Hm yeah I noticed there were some issues, I'll try loosening the claw a bit.
If you raise the bridge you will change the string height.
I would leave it alone until the next time you get it setup.
Quote by KBaird
If you raise the bridge you will change the string height.
I would leave it alone until the next time you get it setup.

But it's only raised when i use the whammy bar right?