guys,look....lets just assume youre somewhere valve amps are not available anywhere AT ALL...and yet u have all sorts of solidstates....fenders,cubes,randalls,and *shudder* marshall MGs,maybe with the exception of peavey amps

and you got a metall muff and an ibanez 370dx,left handed,if it matters
and youre looking for a heavy metal sound (pantera/megadeth/shadows fall),and an amp that can drown a fierce drummer
what would be ur pick? and please guys,no Peavey vypr...and no "sell your metal muff cuz i rlly love that thing for some reason,
u got like 350 dollars
suggestions?
You're not gunna get much for 350... like a line 6 but you dont wanna go there.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
Hybrid? Marshall AVT and the likes? Great value for money, and whatever people say they sound miles better than the pile of **** MGs.
Any phrase followed by the word "FACT!" makes it more true that it already is.
well. i haven't tried all thos brands of amps and stuff so i cant give opiions on all of them.

but i do have a 40 watt randall solid and i must say it is quite good for metal. can give a good high gain sound. i generally play things like parkway drive, AILD, KSE, BFMV and those tones so yeah, its pretty sweet for that. AND! on top of that i also have a metal muff. on the clean channel i find the metal muff to be GREAT for iron maiden, metallica tones and other not so high gain/muddy tones.

so i haven't tried the other brands you named but i will say with certainty that i believe a solid state randall amp will satisfy your metal needs. especially if you have a metal muff.
SS and cheap, randall. not sure what you can get for $350, but try...oh yea, and you can always order a tube amp off of the internet, which is way better than a SS anything.(Oh and sorry, i know you didnt want that, but why SS?)
Quote by musicfan1234
SS and cheap, randall. not sure what you can get for $350, but try...oh yea, and you can always order a tube amp off of the internet, which is way better than a SS anything.(Oh and sorry, i know you didnt want that, but why SS?)

+1

Mmmm I know its not exactly the answer you're looking for, but the Blackstart HT-5 is easily available on Musicians' Friend and within your budget as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Do you have any Vox Valvetronix amps by you? Those pretty awesome.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
crate gx130 or gt something or other are supposedly pretty good (used market, I think they're discontinued), and randall's are supposed to be decent as well, at least compared to others in your price range
Quote by stratomaster15
Do you have any Vox Valvetronix amps by you? Those pretty awesome.

+1
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Line 6 or suck it up and buy a Peavy they are awsome amps, my church has used the same peavy amps for like 25 years and my guitar amp does metal and distortion perfect and its a little peavy you have to change the bass, mid, and treble to create the tone you want but mine is a half and half amp, one channel is tube and the other is non tube, and you can get some wicked stuff out of it,
Quote by Greenwood991
+1

+1
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by Alijonroth...
lets just assume youre somewhere valve amps are not available anywhere AT ALL...

There is no internet available to you!?
Save up a bit and get a jazz chorus, if you got all sorts of ss amps......
Gear:
-Saga strat, modded with guitarfetish p/ups
-epiphone abomination (don't know what it's called) with scalloped neck and power rails gfs p/up
-Fender Twin Reverb
-Blues screamer pedal
-Boss Turbo overdrive
Ooh yeah, I have no idea if this would sound good but if anyone can help out with this one, a Jazz Chorus + Metal Muff?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Ooh yeah, I have no idea if this would sound good but if anyone can help out with this one, a Jazz Chorus + Metal Muff?

Doubt it. In my experience, a pedal into a clean channel is not worth it for high gain, and a preamp through the effects loop is a far better option.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Where are you located that you cannot order something? Just curious...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by i_am_metalhead
There is no internet available to you!?

i COULD order a valver online and i was thinking of the b-52 BUT after asking one of the places that do that...shipping expenses and customs would cost me more than half the amps price,i dont have that money and i dunno if im willing to pay all that in the first place,i come from a "developing" country (egypt) and these are big bucks for us

i was thinking of ordering the peavey royal 8,it is possible,its still gonna cost me like double the internet list price but its a valve,although being only 10 watts,i doubt it would be loud enough to drown the drums or to have enough headroom to be loud clean

im gonna search for hybrids though but if i dont find these either....the randalls or should i order the 10 watt peavey royal 8??
Quote by Alijonroth
guys,look....lets just assume youre somewhere valve amps are not available anywhere AT ALL...and yet u have all sorts of solidstates....fenders,cubes,randalls,and *shudder* marshall MGs,maybe with the exception of peavey amps

and you got a metall muff and an ibanez 370dx,left handed,if it matters
and youre looking for a heavy metal sound (pantera/megadeth/shadows fall),and an amp that can drown a fierce drummer
what would be ur pick? and please guys,no Peavey vypr...and no "sell your metal muff cuz i rlly love that thing for some reason,
u got like 350 dollars
suggestions?

Why? This is stupid. You've effectivly ruled out all of your best choices. Why no tube? Why no Peavey? Why no vypyr?

... lefties are weird...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Why? This is stupid. You've effectivly ruled out all of your best choices. Why no tube? Why no Peavey? Why no vypyr?

... lefties are weird...

lol!
more like,egyptian importers/retailers/whoever responsible for importing amps are weird
There must be a strong government campaign to make sure you all play Spiders and MG's then...
... Wait :O
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

guys i just rechecked,the peavey royal 8 is actually 5 watts...that wouldnt drown the drums would it?
If they have Line 6's, then save up more for a Flextone. It's loud enough and good enough for your needs
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...