does anyone own one?what do you think of them? im looking at an s3 or s4 but may go with the classic and make it completely custom. the s3and 4 models are a stock guitar and are not cutomizable,any thoughts.
They are pretty much as good as it gets.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
a Carvin C66 is just as good and only around 1500-1700 fully maxed out with any options.
Quote by Chad11491
a Carvin C66 is just as good and only around 1500-1700 fully maxed out with any options.

You're saying a Carvin C66 will play exactly the same as a Suhr S3/S4? Have you owned both models and had comprehensive time with both guitars?

Anyway ts i've heard great things with Suhr and if you've got the money then go for it they look incredibly beautiful as well.
Quote by Chad11491

Dont get me wrong, I love Carvins, but no. Suhr Build quality is top notch, even above Carvin.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
thanks guys but i know they are hi quality i want to know if i should go total custom which will be around 4500 or go with an s3 or s4 for around 3500 you cant customize the pro series only choose color. i guess im asking what would you do?
Well what do you want in a guitar that isn't offered? If it's minor stuff like a slight change to electronics then they might do it on the pro series if you ask them. I'm pretty sure you can change the pickups you want though, as in the picture above, I doubt you would put EMG's in a 2009LE if it wasn't an option from the factory.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Freakin Shexy

I raise you the Guthrie Govan sig:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Anything good enough for GG is good enough for anyone.
Quote by sharpant
They are pretty much as good as it gets.

Agreed. Off topic: You're getting a Fireman??!? Man I wish I had that money laying around...
Quote by redsoxfan2
thanks guys but i know they are hi quality i want to know if i should go total custom which will be around 4500 or go with an s3 or s4 for around 3500 you cant customize the pro series only choose color. i guess im asking what would you do?

Mate that's alot of money and with all due respect but should you be spending that much before you know what you want? I'm not saying that you shouldn't just saying that maybe you should hold off a bit more and have a definitive answer on what guitar you should choose after it's your money and it's your choice we can only give you suggestions/recommendations to make your purchase slightly easier. And if I had the money I would go with the stock model first and if I didn't like it I'd buy myself a custom.
one more question,ive never played an all maple neck. would you go with that or rosewood fingerboard?? is one much faster than the other?
I agree with azn. If you have this many questions about simpler things like fretboard woods then you should wait before you spend that much on a custom.
Quote by redsoxfan2
one more question,ive never played an all maple neck. would you go with that or rosewood fingerboard?? is one much faster than the other?

This is ridiculous money, so you've got to try both to make sure you pick the one that you prefer.
Any option you're uncertain about, go out and try. Then, when you've developed an informed opinion of what you like and what you don't like, write it all out and decide whether you want to pay the extra to have a custom made to your exacting specs, or if one of the fixed spec models is close enough.
Don't take any gambles; this is serious money.
Rosewood and maple just feel different, some say maple is a little brighter. I don't know if any is faster, depends on personal preference. Take some time and play some different necks, like everyone else has been saying, and email suhr guitars and tell them exactly what kind of sounds you want and see if they can be of help as well