Poll: Which bike should be my next?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which bike should be my next?
Yamaha R1
21 24%
Honda CBR1000RR
8 9%
Suzuki B-King
20 23%
Ducati 848
22 26%
BMW S1000RR
15 17%
Voters: 86.
Page 1 of 2
Hello, hapless Pit dwellers, most of whom are either broke teenagers or broke college students. Being the swell guy that I am, I'm giving you all a chance to live vicariously through me (and therefore the opportunity to be exponentially cooler) by helping me pick my next motorcycle.

Here's what I'm considering:

2009 Yamaha R1
2008/09 Honda CBR1000RR
2008 Suzuki B-King
2009 Ducati 848
2010 BMW S1000RR

On to the candidates:

Yamaha R1

Pros:

Totally redesigned/unique engine
Good ergonomics
Good power through all ranges

Cons:

Seat heat from undertail exhaust
Love it/hate it looks

----------------------------------

CBR1000RR

Pros:

Class-leading comfort
Awesome high end speed
1000 cc power in a 600 cc size

Cons:

Smaller bike = goofy looking for a bigger rider (me)
Least low end power of the four bikes here
Not a lot of choices in the color scheme department

----------------------------------

Suzuki B-King

Pros:

Awesomely powerful - shares engine with 2008 Hayabusa
Sport touring comfort

Cons:

Heavy - tips the scales at about 550 lbs. wet
Polarizing look

-----------------------------------

Ducati 848

Pros:

The motorcycle version of sex with a supermodel
Lots of low end power
JUST LOOK AT IT!!!
Top of the line equipment -- Brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension

Cons:

Underseat exhaust can heat up your ass
Riding position is sheer torture on the street
More expensive than Japanese competition to both purchase and maintain

---------------------------------

BMW S1000RR

I'm going to forego pros and cons for this one as it has yet to hit the market in the US. It's projected to be the most powerful bike in its class, putting out over 190 hp at the crank. It's also a BMW, which is iconic. The biggest questions for me are seat and position comfort. The price point is pretty good, too -- for as much as the Ducati, you can get ABS, intelligent traction control, basically everything you expect from BMW. It's due out later this year.

So there are your choices. Help me spend my money.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 20, 2009,
They all look like babe magnets.

Edit: On looks alone, the Ducati (I know nothing about bikes).

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Jul 20, 2009,
None of them tubs of japanese **** get a classic, BSA or Royal Enfield or Norton.
The Ducati easily
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by sleazydan
None of them tubs of japanese **** get a classic, BSA or Royal Enfield or Norton.

Sorry, I'd rather be riding a bike than fixing it constantly

I appreciate the looks of old English cafe bikes, but they aren't known for their reliability, especially since the Royal Enfield is the only company that still exists (along with Triumph), and they're made in India now.
Hi, I'm Peter
You must be pretty cashed up. I'm suss though.. The bikes you have in the list are very different.. The B-King? wtf.. Anyway, if you don't go for the 848 your crazy imo. Have a couple of 1098's in the fam and there is nothing quite like a Duke. On paper the R1 is a better performing bike, but, come on, its a Ducati..
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Go with the Beemer. At least when they scrape you off the asphalt with a snow shovel they'll know you had class and taste..
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i cant even help you out they all look bad ass and i know nothing about bikes..but i do know u will get female attention.
Quote by asr_larocca
You must be pretty cashed up. I'm suss though.. The bikes you have in the list are very different.. The B-King? wtf.. Anyway, if you don't go for the 848 your crazy imo. Have a couple of 1098's in the fam and there is nothing quite like a Duke. On paper the R1 is a better performing bike, but, come on, its a Ducati..

The only real reservation I've had about the Ducati -- they've been my dream bike since I got into motorcycles -- is that the seat is a medieval torture device and the handlebars put you so far forward that it puts a lot of pressure on your wrists when you ride; and quite frankly, I'm no skeleton. But it's still an option. None of these bikes are a definite for me, hence the reason for the thread
Hi, I'm Peter
Is everyone just saying the ducati coz it's shiny red? I like the B king the best, go to the racing where I live every 6 weeks and it is absolutely not suited for racing all the other superbikes but there's a couple of guys that are just in it for some fun and they don't win much but it's pretty popular around the pits, souped up a bit though so I'm not sure about just a standard B King. my vote, get a Honda CT-110 and work on it yourself :P: if you're into working on them otherwise it's a slightly more powerful version than the postie bikes they use here in Australia lol. I think it does 80km/h
That isnt a hard choice for me :P i'd choose the Ducati becouse im half Italian myself :P
and it looks great

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
I'm a Honda man myself, although if I had the money I'd definitely go for the ducati or the BMW.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by nikki82
but i do know u will get female attention.

Shhh...don't tell my wife
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
The only real reservation I've had about the Ducati -- they've been my dream bike since I got into motorcycles -- is that the seat is a medieval torture device and the handlebars put you so far forward that it puts a lot of pressure on your wrists when you ride; and quite frankly, I'm no skeleton. But it's still an option. None of these bikes are a definite for me, hence the reason for the thread

You might as well go with the Ducati then. Get one and get it out of your system rather than keep seeing them and going "damn I want one of those". If you end up not liking it, sell it and move on.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Ducatis look cool but from my experience they cripple you....and that's before you even fall off the ****er....

I mean what are you? Weekend warrior or proper biker? Cos if it's biker you need comfort...as you probably already know....if weekend warrior, the duke will do ya fine....
[
^ I bought my current bike in October and have put about 4,500 miles on it since. I ride whenever I can, basically, and use it for commuting on nice days. I don't "tour," per se, with it, but have gone on trips of about 200 miles.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by Dirk Gently
Shhh...don't tell my wife

dude..if youre in upstate ny youre not gonna get a lot of time throughout the year to ride right?
or am i thinking too far upstate?
Quote by nikki82
dude..if youre in upstate ny youre not gonna get a lot of time throughout the year to ride right?
or am i thinking too far upstate?

I'm pretty good about dressing for the ride. I pretty much rode all winter, with the most downtime coming in late January/early February. But I rode through December until our first snow fall, and started back on the horse again big time in March.
Hi, I'm Peter
I went purely on looks as I know nothing about bikes, and I want for the Yamaha R1
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Get this

Best. Bike. Ever.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Blayney

?? yum yum

Aprilias are definitely sexy, but they're outclassed in the power dept. by all of their competition, and even some 600 cc bikes.
Hi, I'm Peter
Either the Suzuki or the Ducati. Suzuki for comfort, Ducati for sheer awesomeness.

That Yamaha is horrid.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by sleazydan

there's a point. Norton > 'japanese tubs of ****' lol try a Vincent, AJ Stevens or Indian. Kind of hard to find much with them, Indian put out a Cheif a while ago but all the good ones were in the 60s. My neighbour has some modified AJS that he got up to 850horsepower but that means nothing when he tries to ride it, top speed 60-75km/h good fun being in his shed when he just fires it up though, way better than any Ducati then. my useless post over

EDIT: lol i got the >< sign wrong way before
Last edited by tom1thomas1 at Jul 20, 2009,
Trust me you're going to want to go for the B-King. Initially when you get a supersport you're like "Ooooh, look at how responsive it is, look at how fast I can go, don't I look sexy!" Pretty soon you'll realize "This bike is fucking uncomfortable, I have no need for any of the power, the fairing is too low to make any difference to comfort, and riding something like this around town is horrible."

Hell, you know what? Forget all the bikes you picked. BMW GS.
I say the yamaha. They are fairly good for there price range, and they are reliable... As long as you take good care of it
Quote by Jackal58
Go with the Beemer. At least when they scrape you off the asphalt with a snow shovel they'll know you had class and taste..

This gives me an idea.

I'm going to contact Vanson leathers and see if they'll do a two piece riding suit that looks like a tuxedo. That would be AWESOME.
Hi, I'm Peter
I voted the BMW, as it looks almost as sexy as the Ducati, but it's a better bike(as in more extra stuff).

The thing is, with the Ducati or the BMW you will end up spending large amounts of money on tune-ups, or the bike will start to suck
Get a Harley, or an Orange County chopper. Crotchrockets are lame.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Buy a car.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Buy a car.

I have 2 of them already. Don't need another. But I appreciate your consideration.
Hi, I'm Peter
about the Ducati, personally it could be the coolest looking/fastest bike in the world, but if i have wrist/ass pains from riding it i would never even consider buying.
Page 1 of 2