Hi, does anyone else think that epi pickups are quite dark and somewhat muddy sounding? I have a special edition 1957 V and everythings fine apart from that.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by al112987
i dont get it, if you dont like them, just change them

Some of us did.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
It very much depends on the model. The cheaper editions sound muddy, yes, but the Elitist and the Custom models sound fine, a little dour at times, but generally, they keep a decent balance of tone.
It's a common complaint... I don't have that issue on my Explorer, and my ZW has the EMG HZs, but I've played some of the Epi Les Pauls and they were pretty muddy.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It very much depends on the model. The cheaper editions sound muddy, yes, but the Elitist and the Custom models sound fine, a little dour at times, but generally, they keep a decent balance of tone.
the elitists are good guitars but their pickups are mediocre at best.
I heard the Iommi sig is the only one (that they still make today) that has good pups. Truth?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I heard the Iommi sig is the only one (that they still make today) that has good pups. Truth?

yesss , set it up right!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
but other than that, you would agree that the actual guitar is of sufficent quality to justify buying new pickups?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
My epi has great stock pick-ups.But they are Gibson Tony Iommi's
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
my Epi Sheraton's stock pickups weren't as bad either, I changed them for Gibson classic 57s and the improvement wasn't as great as I had expected, a little more defined sound, that's all! maybe gibson pickups aren't very good?