Is there any way of checking ESP guitars to make sure they are not fake! Is there anywhere where i can check the serial number against a database? Like you can with Gibson guitars.
Email them with the serial number asking for information?
And why do you think the guitar is fake?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Thanks for the replies I'm thinking of getting a "ESP Truckster" which is advertised in a local paper near me for £600, but I heard that they are fakes about, I don't know if that is true or not but obviously I don't want to buy a fake. I have tried joining ESPs forums but that is still waiting for the moderator activate my account.
Quote by MRWHITE35
Thanks for the replies I'm thinking of getting a "ESP Truckster" which is advertised in a local paper near me for £600, but I heard that they are fakes about, I don't know if that is true or not but obviously I don't want to buy a fake. I have tried joining ESPs forums but that is still waiting for the moderator activate my account.

Too good to be true. 95% probability its a fake Chinese copy. I'd wager $10 that it's even more fake than Pamela Lee Anderson's tits.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 20, 2009,
counterfit guitars? what is this world comming to?
  • Ibanez Soundgear
  • Cort SJB-3 Acoustic
  • Epiphone Goth X-Treme
  • DigiTech BP50
  • Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus LTD
  • Epiphone Les Paul Standard
  • Cort Evl-K6
  • DigiTech RP80

Cort Guitar Owner's Club 2nd member.
Quote by MRWHITE35

are you sure it's an ESP and not an ESP/LTD? sometimes people forget to mention the LTD part
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by angl2k
are you sure it's an ESP and not an ESP/LTD? sometimes people forget to mention the LTD part

its ESP not the LTD!
It really sounds like an ltd or a fake to me
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
It's definitely ESP it's got it on the head stock, I have also got the serial number that is why I'm a bit suspicious because of the low price!
For a start it has made in Japan on the back! So I Know its ESP, I've e-mailed the serial number to ESP to see what they've got to say about it