Most things I have to fight with her over, since I was about 5, and her reason always comes down to "because I said so," which I guess is normal for some parents but she's a bit more extreme. "You're not allowed to shut your bedroom door, because I said so." "You can't have drums or a guitar, because I said so" (took me 3 years to convince her to let me get one). "You can't leave your guitar propped up against that chair over night..." In some other thread I found out she's not normal (if I didn't already know) when I said something that I'd always just lived with and everyone went wtf!??! what a bitch etc..

Anyway, now I've got 2 things I can see coming that are going to be uphill battles, firstly, I've had wrist pains for a while, since I started guitar, and I've done everything to correct my technique and rested to get rid of the pain, but it keeps coming back, so I should go to a doctor now. Heaps of people on my mum's side of the family have had carpal tunnel syndrome, so probably playing guitar (with bad technique for the first month or two) has aggravated it. But, my mum already thinks that I play too much, especially comparing me to my sister who practiced about 1-2hrs a week when she learned piano (and damn she had natural talent and got great in 3 years, then gave it up ) So now, if I admit I've got RSI or something like that, it'll be her chance to stop me playing. She saw me holding my wrist once and went on, "got an RSI have you? (she's a nurse) Have to put that guitar down..." I just denied it. But I can't get to the doctor without her knowing. Anyone got ideas beyond "shove the guitar up her ass" or "make her suck your dick?" btw my dad's no help here, he'll just go to her :rolleye:

And the 2nd thing that's coming up, I'm just over a year away now from being old enough to go for a driver's license. My mum's already said that I can't get it until I've finished school, this time she actually did give some reasons. I'm a teenage boy who listens to headbanging crap and likes motorsport, so I can't be trusted with a car. But, as unbelievable as it may be, I've never done anything other than watch F1 and go to Iron Maiden to seem reckless or untrustworthy or anything like that, and I actually would prefer not to kill myself in a 1991 Nissan. I won't bother trying to prove my reliability here but, I'm being told that I can't get a license based on me being a 14 year old boy, rather than who I actually am. I just want to do my learners so that by the time I'm out of year 12, I'll be able to drive myself when I need to.

So, I've got an "overprotective" mum, who won't accept what I want to do unless it's in line with what she likes (eg my sister can go to a classical music concert any time she wants, and I could go to a jazz concert if I wanted, but I've only been able to get to rock concerts when family friends have invited me). I spend a huge amount of time trying to reason with her over everything, even petty things like buying a shirt or what I'm putting in my lunch, or whether or not I can drum my fingers when I'm bored ffs. And now I've got two things which I think are fair and reasonable and I can't see many ways around them. I guess I haven't asked about the RSI yet but as soon as I mention it i cant go back aaaaaah so frustrating
holy wall of text, batman
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
family counceling? it might actually help
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Make her read your post, and once she's been bored to death by it, go see the doctor.
Also, quit fapping so much, I bet that's what's done your wrist in.
ts..way too long to read..run away from home..i was something about a license..

theres nothing you can do to change your moms ways.
won't let you close your bedroom door, wtf??

and just argue to the very end with her.. that's what I would do, like argue over everything.. like when you make a sandwich "oh, sorry am I aloud to do this" and just be really sarcastic.. It will probably put you behind, but it's what I'd do..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Drown her in all of your words.
dude! he said reason with her, not destroy her.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by will123456789
won't let you close your bedroom door, wtf??

and just argue to the very end with her.. that's what I would do, like argue over everything.. like when you make a sandwich "oh, sorry am I aloud to do this" and just be really sarcastic.. It will probably put you behind, but it's what I'd do..

according to your sig your mum doesn't like you either
So you shouldn't be giving advice on the subject

To TS: Try a shotgun, they do wonders!
Grow up to become a passive, mindless human being who completely lacks the capability of making any decision by itself. THAT'LL SHOW HER!
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Could we have a TL;DR please?

basically, TS has never stood up to his mum on anything, and hasn't yet realised it's too late to start now without having a handy pit of quicklime for the body.