Well, I was looking around on ebay for something to replace my Metal Muff and Frontman at my moms house. (My new Vetta is at my dad's) Anyways, I found something that I could actually make money on, and get better toanz

I found a POD 2.0

'

Lovin it so far! The distortion is actually really good, as well as the cleans. Picked it up for $100. I will post clips whn I get back form vacation in a week.

PS-If you were wondering how I would make money by buying this, I could sell my entire pedalboard and this could replace it, and also be my recording device. :
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I've never used one myself but I've only ever heard good things about them.

And if you're happy with it then it doesn't matter what anyone else things!

HNGD
congrats, i saw a grammy winng musician gig with one of those recently.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
congrats, i saw a grammy winng musician gig with one of those recently.

If I'm not mistaken I do believe that Meshagguh uses PODs - not trying to imply that they are grammy winning musicians but just throwing another example out there.
you haz teh vetta??
wai do you need a POD
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
New Guitar Day
New Gear Day

There was one of these going on my CL for $75. I was more interested in the PodXT .. basically still the lima bean shape but a step up from the 2.0 . Let me know how it plays. Very interested. I was mainly going to just use it for recording..
Happy NGD man!
can't wait for the clips

Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Congratz!!!!
HNPODD!

not sure about getting rid of your pedal board though... you may regret it in the future even if you think it sounds better now. just IMO here
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

The almighty Devin Townsend recorded Ziltoid the Omniscient 100% with a Pod...and that album sounds ****in sexy.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by wesselbindt
Gratz on the pod. But I'm an internet newb, so I don't know what the fudge ngd is, could someone explain?

new guitar day or new gear day.

there is also nad (new amp day) and npd (new pedal day). i guess that middle letter could be anything though

My friend has a POD... Its very handy indeed. Although it doesn't give you the amazing tones of certain pedals, it gives you the same type of distortion and stuff. HNGD
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 20, 2009,
Alf: Read the post

MetalHead-Thing plays great. I can get great clean sounds out of it, as well as many different metal tones. (it sounds better with higher mids on high-gain settings. Example: Trivium, KSE, Disturbed etc etc. NAILS those bands)

shtick_bomb: I have a Vetta at my dads house. I have no use for my 7 pedals.

Thanks guys! I'll get clips up when I get back, and I'll bump the thread.

Also, kayman, Devin Townsend used one for recording?!?! It wasn't the 2.0 was it? If it was, that would be SWEET.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
to me
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
OK guys, I got my POD 2.0 tests up. No post EQing at all or any of that jazz. Check the ones that say' POD 2.0' somewhere in the title

THanks guys
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
HNGD!! Clips sound pretty good!
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
OK guys, I got my POD 2.0 tests up. No post EQing at all or any of that jazz. Check the ones that say' POD 2.0' somewhere in the title

THanks guys

TIGHT!

acoustic intro part sounded a tad fake but you can't expect everything from a POD.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

THanks guys

Yup, that pretty much sold me. I'm gonna get the PodXT in the next two weeks or so. Sell of my tascam digi recorder and buy one of those...

Good job on the clips
311: thanks man. Yeah I didn't have much time for EQing the cleans

MEtalHEad: Really? wow cool. XTs are great
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Man, looks like I just solved my problem with an amp at school. Maybe I should just grab one of these....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Wow, I'm listening to the first clip right now and it sound great. Even that acoustic bit only needs a little more tweaking before you get it golden.

HNPODD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Wow that recording quality sounds real good. I have a Pod XT Live myself but it sounds no where near as professional recorded(and EQ'd probably) as this. Can you tell me what program you use for recording and editing maybe?
Thats a nice find and buy. I've always liked teh pod 2.0 and xt. great home playing and recording devices. On my profile you can find some clips( a digre and Black Orpheus), where recorded with an XT a long time ago. My xt has long since died, but i wish to replace it to have the fun all over again
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Eydo
Wow that recording quality sounds real good. I have a Pod XT Live myself but it sounds no where near as professional recorded(and EQ'd probably) as this. Can you tell me what program you use for recording and editing maybe?

I use Reaper as my DAW. It is free. There was NO Post-Prodcution at all on these. But if do post-eqing, I use the included plugins with Reaper. I just plugged my POD striaght into my mic jack on my laptop. No interface needed. Its all about having the right mix. Once you find a good guitar tone, you need good sounding drums and bass (I DONT have that =/) Then once you have them all together, you Post EQ so each instrument fit with eachother well. IE: Dont have them all sharing the same frequency spectrum. Have each one have its own different EQing to make the spectrum on the whole song, a nice full spectrum. (I hope that made sense)

311: I hope^That answered your question
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by i_am_metalhead
If I'm not mistaken I do believe that Meshagguh uses PODs - not trying to imply that they are grammy winning musicians but just throwing another example out there.

nah the used to use pod pro's like the one i have
now they use vetta II's
DisTurbed -

I dig the recordings you got up. And it makes me even more happy because I was planning on pairing this up with Reaper as well. I've never used Reaper, but it doesn't seem as complicated as lets say pro tools (although there is a learning curve to all of these programs)

What I'm wondering is if I should just grab a 2.0 . There was one in my town up for $75, but I was so intent on the Podxt that I let it go. Really, where's the difference? Is there just more amp models/effects or does it have extra features that justify the price difference?

A podxt and the line 6fbv just went on my CL for $150 so I'm trying to grab that. Just waiting on a response, but I figure it's already gone.... damn, I really want one of these. I'm tired of micing stuff up and I would have my tascam dp01fx to sell back and make my money back plus more..

I got a couple in my watched items on ebay so I'm waiting to see how that goes... I just hella want one of these and soon.