Well, me and my friends are getting into Magic the Gathering because it's sorta fun, and we don't mean to play tournaments or anything, but any suggestions on a stock deck i should get and build? I was thinking red black, black green, or red green.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Wouldn't a MtG forum be a more appropriate place for this?

I don't post any warhammer questions here because I know there will be a distinct lack of interest and replies.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
I loved that game back in 4-7th grade.

Build a red deck. If you're just starting you don't want to start building a mixed deck because you probably don't have enough experience to make it work.
yup, you're better off on other forums, mate.
now, if you want to get into POKEMON cards, you've come to the right place.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I loved that game back in 4-7th grade.

Build a red deck. If you're just starting you don't want to start building a mixed deck because you probably don't have enough experience to make it work.

Well, I've goofed around with his green and white deck and did pretty well with it but I just wanna make one of my own.
ya this is a pokemon card place, BUT! id recomend straight green or red if your just starting, very simple direct damage. i wouldnt mix colours till your more experianced.
god i love magic.
Quote by wizards?
If you wanted advice on Pokemon cards I could have helped, I won a state tournament back in the day, but magic... Yeah I can't help you with that.

Really?? At my school everyone had pokemon cards but no one knew how to play that crap. We just liked looking at the shiny cards and saying "lolol, my pokermons has higher damage than yours! I win!"
Quote by RU Experienced?
Really?? At my school everyone had pokemon cards but no one knew how to play that crap. We just liked looking at the shiny cards and saying "lolol, my pokermons has higher damage than yours! I win!"

That's all we ever did

BUT Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, now we were ****ing pros! I remember the day I threw all of my cards away, my beautiful deck that I spent so long to make...all for naught. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do...
I used to play when I was little. My friend had a green deck that was all about putting big green cards into play, so I made a black deck without about 12 "destroy target creature" cards. "

I'd also like to say that if you're beyond middle school, it's probably not a good idea to get into card games. Also, completely unrelated, but never play wow. it will ruin your life, i promise.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Yeah I was pretty damn good at it. I had about six or seven tournament ready decks. After about two months of playing it at school, nobody would play me because I always won. I remember one time I went to this "Pokemon card night" at this local card shop and we bet cards on the matches. I ended up walking out with about six or seven new holos that I didn't have when I walked in.

...god I miss that.
Quote by darthteet
Wouldn't a MtG forum be a more appropriate place for this?

I don't post any warhammer questions here because I know there will be a distinct lack of interest and replies.

We need a Warhammer thread. NOW.
Quote by RU Experienced?

thats exactly what we did too...ahh the memories ...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Red is for straight up fast attacking, but if its a long game then you're better off using black or green. I used to play this so hard back when i was like 10, i had so many decks. I still have the cards lying around somewhere for re-sale value cause all of mine are old school and worth more. But honestly red is good for direct damage, that ****s unstoppable. Black has good combos, drain life/corrupts and bring **** back from the grave. One combo I do remember is there's a card that makes every land in play a swamp as well as the land they already are. Use that, and then swampwalk everyone, theres no way of stopping it. I think it was called blanket of night. But i gave this game up looooong ago. It was fun, but the older you get the more boring/lame you find the game. But if you're still young and looking to get into it thats cool. Just dont let it consume you and then become a 40 year old virgin.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by wizards?
Yeah I was pretty damn good at it. I had about six or seven tournament ready decks. After about two months of playing it at school, nobody would play me because I always won. I remember one time I went to this "Pokemon card night" at this local card shop and we bet cards on the matches. I ended up walking out with about six or seven new holos that I didn't have when I walked in.

...god I miss that.

Quote by Steelballa

I'd also like to say that if you're beyond middle school, it's probably not a good idea to get into card games.

Some guy at my work is 25 years old and he's just now starting to get into magic cards. I made the mistake of telling him that I used to play as a kid so now he keeps bringing in these decks and showing them to me
Quote by this&that
Red is for straight up fast attacking, but if its a long game then you're better off using black or green. I used to play this so hard back when i was like 10, i had so many decks. I still have the cards lying around somewhere for re-sale value cause all of mine are old school and worth more. But honestly red is good for direct damage, that ****s unstoppable. Black has good combos, drain life/corrupts and bring **** back from the grave. One combo I do remember is there's a card that makes every land in play a swamp as well as the land they already are. Use that, and then swampwalk everyone, theres no way of stopping it. I think it was called blanket of night. But i gave this game up looooong ago. It was fun, but the older you get the more boring/lame you find the game. But if you're still young and looking to get into it thats cool. Just dont let it consume you and then become a 40 year old virgin.

Glossed over Blue there man, blue can cripple a red deck, so many anti spell cards, also good against green thanks to abundant walls, and a large range of flying creatures to attack with. Green is great though real all rounder.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Some guy at my work is 25 years old and he's just now starting to get into magic cards. I made the mistake of telling him that I used to play as a kid so now he keeps bringing in these decks and showing them to me

I'm 17, and I'm not getting into it for the tournaments or whatever, it's more like just dicking around with friends. We are kinda dorky, but wehatever we enjoy what we enjoy.