I'm after gettin my first pedal (distortion). I've been looking at BOSS pedal's, which out of the DS-1 and DS-2 should i get and is there much difference between them??
i think the ds-2 is just a little bit more versatile with higher gain stuff, depends do you play mostly rock or metal?
The DS-2 is higher gain and clearer than the DS-1
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
i use my ds-1 for more of a cleaner distortion for rythmn and use a os-2 for metal leads. i think all of boss' distortion pedals sound pretty much the same
personally i would go with the ds2. i used to have a ds1 and while the quality and sound was amzing at the price, it left me feeling like i needed something more
Quote by kramer242
personally i would go with the ds2. i used to have a ds1 and while the quality and sound was amzing at the price, it left me feeling like i needed something more

+1 My DS1 is quality/price, but if you have the money go w/ something else.
Quote by JayLacelle
i think the ds-2 is just a little bit more versatile with higher gain stuff, depends do you play mostly rock or metal?

I play both really, so i want a good overall pedal that can go heavy if i need 2
The DS1 is a pretty entry-level pedal, but can be made to sound great when modded.

The DS2 however... I wouldn't hesitate putting one of those on my pedalboard. They're good, fairly versatile pedals, better than most BOSS distortions.

Of course there's a lot of other decent pedals to consider for a similar amount of money, but I would actually advise the DS2 in this instance.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
The DS1 is a pretty entry-level pedal, but can be made to sound great when modded.

The DS2 however... I wouldn't hesitate putting one of those on my pedalboard. They're good, fairly versatile pedals, better than most BOSS distortions.

Of course there's a lot of other decent pedals to consider for a similar amount of money, but I would actually advise the DS2 in this instance.

Nice 1! looks like it's the DS-2 then, cheers