Page 1 of 2
www.myspace.com/vgmetal Link To The MySpace

They are pretty good, they do amazing covers of video games and TV music and make them metal! They are also coming out with 2 new albums, One this year and one next year. I cant wait!
Do people really listen to this..?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I'm a BIG fan of these guys and also of the guy who produced their "Metal Kombat..." album.

My favourite song is probably their cover of Holy Orders from Guilty Gear
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
I'm a BIG fan of these guys and also of the guy who produced their "Metal Kombat..." album.

My favourite song is probably their cover of Holy Orders from Guilty Gear

I thought they produced them by themselfs.

My favorite is SO Sexy Robotnik or Omnishred
I've seen them live; they put on a great show. However, I wouldn't normally ever actually listen to their music (too gimmicky)
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
They have a new one coming out soon correct?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Night_Warrior
Pretty Cool,

Are any of you going to work on there new albums?

what now? :O

i think they should cover another song from f-zero x
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
what now? :O

i think they should cover another song from f-zero x

Oh, lol, I didnt read your first post correctly! Yhea, the F Zero one was pretty cool
i still play the N64 version of F-Zero and i had the full soundtrack until my hard drive decided to break

i've not bothered to re-download it yet
theres also this "guitar arrange version" you should check out too
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
i still play the N64 version of F-Zero and i had the full soundtrack until my hard drive decided to break

i've not bothered to re-download it yet
theres also this "guitar arrange version" you should check out too

where can I find that?
They put on a sweet show, I saw them when they came through town. Sure you can call them gimmicky, but metal is full of gimmicky bands. I'd probably say metal is one of if not the most gimmicky genre out there.
I've loved these guys for over a year now. Haven't listened to them as much lately, but I do love every song they've done.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Videogame Music=Awesome. Band that plays videogame music=Uber-awesome.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
They sound like good musicians.

Lol thats pretty much it.

Metal Kombat is awesome no doubt though.
i recently discovered that one of their guitarists (the one who plays some form of ESP/LTD dave mustaine sig?) plays a right hand guitar in the left handed position.

This includes have the strings backwards. Incredible stuff imo
Top lel.
I love Powerglove. I also saw them when they came to Orlando. I caught some of the Starbursts they threw out

I have my fingers crossed for a Chrono Trigger cover on their next album.

EDIT:
A Long Overdue Album Update: Recording Starts Soon!
And so it is, that after many months of arranging music and watching professional Starcraft, we've now ended up with about two releases worth of songs. We would probably hemorrhage with pure glory if we tried to just record them all at once, so we're going to split this batch into two albums.

The first one will be all of the tv, cartoon and movie themes that we grew up with, smelted into shimmering metal. The Pokemon theme song is on this one as some of you know, along with This is Halloween from The Nightmare before Christmas (one of several Danny Elfman songs we're doing on this one, a favorite composer for sure), The Flintstones, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest (if you haven't heard that one look it up, it's awesome), and a song that for the moment I'm calling In the Hall of Inspector Gadget. Also, we have this psychotic arrangement of Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid with 220bpm shredding and steel drums that will make you pass out from laughing and headbanging at the same time. In the next few weeks we'll reveal some more about it as we get started with the recording. As to the amount of songs, I honestly don't know yet how many we want to put on this release. It could be an EP, it could be an album, only time will tell.

And the second one is back to video game music! We've got most of the core material done for that one as well, so we'll have plenty of time to kick it around and refine it. I'll save revealing those tracks for later, but I recently did an arrangement of Snake Man from Mega Man 3 that I can't wait to hear live, should it make the cut. I'd love to have the first one come out later this year, and the second one in 2010, but we'll see how that works out with touring etc.

We just got all of our new gear together and we'll be setting it up and getting our tones starting this weekend. Our drum and bass sounds are already way better than Metal Kombat, and Saturday the never ending quest for the perfect recorded guitar tone begins anew.

I can't really generalize on the sound for this album, but there are definitely more dark moments than Metal Kombat, and the gleeful moments of cheer are more intense and ecstatic. It is also heavier and shreddyer, but every band says that. So don't take our word for it now, you see when the time comes.

-Chris Marchiel and Powerglove

When I read Under the Sea, I came.
Last edited by I_hate_kyle at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by the memory
i recently discovered that one of their guitarists (the one who plays some form of ESP/LTD dave mustaine sig?) plays a right hand guitar in the left handed position.

This includes have the strings backwards. Incredible stuff imo

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there lead guitarist does, when I saw them live I complemented him on it.
Powerglove is ****ing sweet, the Metal Archives won't let them in the archives because they say they're a "cover band" which is bull****.

Anyways, enough of that. Their bassist is playing a Warwick which is also awesome. OMNISHRED FTW
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
People actually listen to this bull****? Its Dragonfarce with video game lyrics. Pure crap.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
People actually listen to this bull****? Its Dragonfarce with video game lyrics. Pure crap.

actually the songs don't have words
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
..I feel the same way about the Mortal Kombat one, and the Power Rangers. Although, The Power Rangers Theme was already pretty metal.
I love the intro the "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man". It has such a black metal feel,

Lurve it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I love the intro the "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man". It has such a black metal feel,

Lurve it.

It sounds amazing live, I met them after one of their shows, they're pretty cool guys, harcore gamers of course!
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Geez listened to this stuff awhile ago and kinda put them to the side, but man theyre awesome haha. Makes me want to go pick up my Sega Genesis controller.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Hopefully theyll do some more megaman, those games were fckin metal, especilly the x's
Quote by nebiru

Well someone failed .

And I like them alot.

In a non-homosexual way of course
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Well someone failed .

And I like them alot.

In a non-homosexual way of course

Yes, I fail because I didn't listen to more than a minute of wanking nerds who worship Dragonfarce.

Shame
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by I_hate_kyle
I love Powerglove. I also saw them when they came to Orlando. I caught some of the Starbursts they threw out

I have my fingers crossed for a Chrono Trigger cover on their next album.

EDIT:

When I read Under the Sea, I came.

I steped on one of the starbursts but I almost caught Super Mario! My foot was all sticking to the ground, so during DragonForce's set, it was pretty bad for me.

And the 220 Under The Sea with STEEL DRUMS?!??! I came too

Quote by mikey son
Hopefully theyll do some more megaman, those games were fckin metal, especilly the x's

They are doing another Mega Man cover This time its mega man 3, (not as good as 2).
Last edited by Night_Warrior at Jul 21, 2009,
i wish they would cover that "through the fire and flames" song off of guitar hero!
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

i LOVE powerglove. i went to a dragonforce show just to see them play and it turned out dragonforce werent that bad at all. was a pretty fun concert
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
i LOVE powerglove. i went to a dragonforce show just to see them play and it turned out dragonforce werent that bad at all. was a pretty fun concert

I went to that show just to see Turisas.
I left half way through Dragonforce
turisas ftw!
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
How the fuck do bands like this get signed, and paid to record albums, when there are countless hardworking bands, making real metal, financing everything themselves? What a load of shit.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2