Page 1 of 2
Has anyone emigrated (or your family has) from the UK? The cost of living is getting too much, and obviously the weather is crap.

Has anyone else moved, where to and how are you enjoying it?
I'd only move to Aus or Canada.

The culture doesn't seem majorly different.

However bands hardly ever do Australian tours, and the festivals will be rubbish apart from BDO

British music is exploding at this point in time, its gonna be great in a couple of years, I wouldnt move just cos of that.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Why exactly is the cost of living so high in the UK?.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
Quote by Jackolas
No, it's often a mistake.

This. I like the weather here anyway.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by ThatsAgood1jay

Because we love money.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by ThatsAgood1jay

because we are heavily taxed, and we rely on russia for oil so 'gas' prices are high. also we are an island so much has to be imported...including Mesa Mark ivs
Why do people in this country complain about the weather?

When it's hot it's too hot and when it's cold it's too cold.

Personally I love being in a country where you can experience sun, rain and snow all in one day.
Quote by Don_Humpador

Personally I love being in a country where you can experience sun, rain and snow all in one day.

Most places in the world are like that, honestly.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Don_Humpador

when was the last time you 'experienced sun rain and snow all in one day' in London?
Quote by DaathMatal
when was the last time you 'experienced sun rain and snow all in one day' in London?

A few months ago when it was snowing. Srsly.
Quote by DaathMatal
Has anyone emigrated (or your family has) from the UK? The cost of living is getting too much, and obviously the weather is crap.

Has anyone else moved, where to and how are you enjoying it?

I am so moving out of here the second i finish uni. Well, pretty soon afterwards. I wanna go to germany, since my degree will make that easier. It costs too much to live here, too much to buy a house here and the country is like a mix of america and europes bad bits, and it's getting soulless and overcrowded. Somewhere with a bit more space is needed.
June here always has the nicest days in my experience, but of course everyone is still at school and stuff in June, when it comes to the summer holidays and everyone poor and not going abroad for their holiday it's July, aka the weather piss around season, you get one beautiful day, then all of a sudden heavy rain from nowhere.
Quote by Hammerzeit
I am so moving out of here the second i finish uni. Well, pretty soon afterwards. I wanna go to germany, since my degree will make that easier. It costs too much to live here, too much to buy a house here and the country is like a mix of america and europes bad bits, and it's getting soulless and overcrowded. Somewhere with a bit more space is needed.

Exactly. i would love a bigger house with a basement that i can soundproof. My girlfriend doesnt want to move to germany tho, she hates the germans she works with. Spain would be perfect but jobs are scarce.

Canada has a high living standard but the weather can be brutal and jobs arent all that easy to get. Not sure about Austrailia. How cheap is it to live there?
Quote by DaathMatal
Exactly. i would love a bigger house with a basement that i can soundproof. My girlfriend doesnt want to move to germany tho, she hates the germans she works with. Spain would be perfect but jobs are scarce.

Canada has a high living standard but the weather can be brutal and jobs arent all that easy to get. Not sure about Austrailia. How cheap is it to live there?

from what i have heard its fairly cheap, but then again, you have to live in Australia.

*edit*
Also, if you get caught hooning in your car they gov't takes it away.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Last edited by ThatsAgood1jay at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by ThatsAgood1jay
from what i have heard its fairly cheap, but then again, you have to live in Australia.

Are there any parts of Aus that are reasonably mild i.e. they dont go above 30 degrees celsius normally?!?
Quote by DaathMatal
Are there any parts of Aus that are reasonably mild i.e. they dont go above 30 degrees celsius normally?!?

That i do not know.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
I used to live in London and take the tube every day to work. Its so much better here, and its CHEAP and pretty much legal!
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by Don_Humpador

Exactly. I love the unpredictability of it. And when did constant sunshine in the summer, and blizzards in the winter become the yardstick of "good weather"?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Tempoe
I used to live in London and take the tube every day to work. Its so much better here, and its CHEAP and pretty much legal!

what is legal?
Quote by ThatsAgood1jay

*edit*
Also, if you get caught hooning in your car they gov't takes it away.

really?
Quote by DaathMatal

when we had that really snowy period in february.. i parked my bike outside a Macdonalds in Canning Town in the sun, came out to find it covered in snow, which then turned to rain... so there it does happen
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by bloke
when we had that really snowy period in february.. i parked my bike outside a Macdonalds in Canning Town in the sun, came out to find it covered in snow, which then turned to rain... so there it does happen

how exotic
Quote by diminishedtobme
Come to American, chicks dig british guys over here.

sounds good, ill just pretend i am hugh grant lol
Quote by stratty matt
Pics or it didn't happen

it was the alledged week of the snow storms i think i feb
I'm moving to New Zealand in September.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I'm moving to New Zealand in September.

why because of your dads work or what?
Quote by DaathMatal
why because of your dads work or what?

No, my Mum's. I'm looking forward to it.

Where do you live in the UK?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
No, my Mum's. I'm looking forward to it.

Where do you live in the UK?

****tsville Population 1

..(edinburgh)
Can't be that bad can it? At least you don't live in Glasgow.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by DaathMatal
****tsville Population 1

..(edinburgh)

I went to Edinburgh once, I thought it was a cool place.

Maybe it's the bit you live in....
Quote by diminishedtobme
Come to American, chicks dig british guys over here.

that's my plan.. when I'm still a virgin at 38 and I'm balding, I'll go there, use some of my British charm and get laid for the first and last time..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 2