Hey guys, it's my day off from work today, so I think I'm going to go down to guitar center to check out some acoustic guitars. I was wondering if the good guys at ultimate guitar could help me out by recommending some acoustic guitars for me to try out today, preferably under 1000 dollars.
Thanks
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Smirk around Craigslist for a deal and go check it out. You'll get much better bang for the buck that way.
I may end up doing that, but I'd like to play the guitars first, and i figured guitar center would be a good place to do so.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
I'd suggest some higher end Seagull's such as some cheaper "Artist" series or check out the "Maritime" series, all of these will have a solid top and a solid mahogany body...... they are overall great guitars
There's a lot of acoustics under $1000 that aren't used, but just find one that you like. I look in music stores like Sam Ash, but I don't know if that's nationwide.
Breedlove's Atlas series is right in that range, from about 750 to 1000. Brilliant guitars. There's one for just about everytone, so if you like the feel of one, you're sure to like the tone of at least one of them.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
All the guitars previously said are great to try out. Also, try out a guitar from the Martin 15 series. I have the 000-15, but they have many more sizes, and I love the tone of all of them. It may not be your style, as it is different looking and sounding, but its something to try out just for the hell of it, and you may fall in love with it like I did.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Quote by Ibanezguy22
I'd suggest some higher end Seagull's such as some cheaper "Artist" series or check out the "Maritime" series, all of these will have a solid top and a solid mahogany body...... they are overall great guitars

I'm not sure if you can get an Artist series for under $1000. However, Seagull has come out with a new SWS(solid wood series) line of guitars. Definitely worth checking out and giving a try.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Personally I like Applauses, they have a bowled back which allows for more sound to come out, and not get trapped in the edges of flatbacks. But just try some out man, everyone has their own preferences. A lot of people hate Applauses, but I love mine. I got it for free, but they are around $350+.
Quote by themagicalgoat
Personally I like Applauses, they have a bowled back which allows for more sound to come out, and not get trapped in the edges of flatbacks. But just try some out man, everyone has their own preferences. A lot of people hate Applauses, but I love mine. I got it for free, but they are around $350+.

More sound to come out? I don't know about that. Traditional shaped guitars have more air capacity than roundback guitars. As well, a lot of flattop guitars these days aren't actually "flat". They have a bit of a curve to them(on both the front and back), which allows for a structurally stronger guitar, as well as a greater projection and volume.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.