Okay. Especially in a used price range, I don't think I've heard a better clean channel for under a thousand dollars. It's going for $700 new but I can find it cheaper used. I've really only been interested in getting a super sounding clean sound to run pedals into, because I can't find tube amps that have the cleans and dirty sounds I want for less than a lot of money. So what do you think? I was seriously drooling when I played into the clean channel with reverb.
Fender HRD Cleans = secks
Fender HRD Distortion = crap

I've seen used ones as low as $375, depends on the location though I guess...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of music do you play?
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
It's kind of a mix of indie and alternative rock with my band. I also play jazz, blues, and different types of rock in my free time. I'm not worried about the overdrive channel. I plan on using pedals. It's pretty sad actually that an old Behringer overdrive sounded better than that rather flubby and muddy dirt channel.
I don't know if jacksonville is too far away for you, but I saw a HRD on craigslist there for $500. You probably won't find a better clean channel for the money.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
It's not too far. But I'm still saving a bit of money to get the pedals I'll need for my sound. I'm looking to use an overdrive pedal, a distortion pedal, and a delay pedal into it.
Another amp you may want to consider is the Traynor YCV40wr, its Traynor's version of the hot rod, and the distortion on the amp is actually really good as well as the clean. If you want the 'Fender' clean, by all means get the Hot Rod. But if you are looking for an alternative that has a killer clean and good distortion already in the amp, take a look at the 40wr.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Heard good stuff about that amp. I'm not sure I dig the distortion on it though. I find that it's easier to get a couple pedals rather than find an amp that does both. Of course...I'm a scrooge.