Does anyone know where I can get music that has the same style as the huge piano sound in the middle of Hoodoo by Muse?
I've never heard the song but if you want a huge sound, try double tracking or even triple tracking.

Edit: Oh i see, you want music that already exists. Umm.... It all depends on the song.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
You mean you want to record it? Or get music that's similar?

No I want to find music that already exists that is similar. It is his playing style that I am referring to. It has a distinctively huge sound to it, that's the only way I can think of to describe it.
Quote by david_safc
No I want to find music that already exists that is similar. It is his playing style that I am referring to. It has a distinctively huge sound to it, that's the only way I can think of to describe it.

Apparently the chords were taken from Tchaikovski's Piano No. 1 Concerto, the first part of which is located here. You might have to watch it all before hearing it, though (it's actually a really amazing piece whether or not it contains the section you are talking about).

This

and

This

might also interest you. or not
Quote by Don_Humpador
Apparently the chords were taken from Tchaikovski's Piano No. 1 Concerto, the first part of which is located here. You might have to watch it all before hearing it, though (it's actually a really amazing piece whether or not it contains the section you are talking about).

This

and

This

might also interest you. or not

Thank you that is perfect.
Matt is heavily influenced by Rachmaninov. Check out some of his piano pieces.

In fact Space Dementia takes lines directly from Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Rachmaninov Prelude in C sharp minor
Takes a while to get to the big chordal sound that you're after, but it's worth the build-up.

Rachmaninov Concerto No.3 - first movement (part one)
Rachmaninov Concerto No.3 - first movement (part two)

It's worth carrying on till the second part for the awesome cadenza. It's a different cadenza to that which most people play, and Volodos is pretty much the only one that plays it.

Lizst - Transcendental Etude No.4 "Mazzepa"

Other than that, you might want to have a look at some middle/late Beethoven sonatas, like the "Appassionata", or the "Hammerklavier", which are a little bit different to what you are after, but awesome nonetheless.
Last edited by National_Anthem at Jul 20, 2009,