I'm gonna be getting a new tube amp eventually. i decided on the Bugera 6262 combo after playing it at a local store, but then heard of a Peavey 6505+ combo being released for about the same price. on musicians friend they have it for preorder for $683.99, and will be released on october 9th. should i wait? i really don't want to, because i can't stand using my behringer any longer. so UG, please help me out. or any other suggestions would be good too.

EDIT: my budget is the price of the amps, around 500-800.

i don't really wanna go used, unless completely necessary.

i play anything from green day to metallica. including a7x and disturbed. so i'm also not sure if these will have too much gain for green day's kinda music. i play all of green day's stuff from their old to new.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Jul 20, 2009,
I take it you're into metal? You could buy the Bugera and do a checkout for all the usual problem areas in the reliability factor. It would void the warranty, but it would be sure nothing breaks. The Peavey would have to get mucho loud to be any good. Bugera amps that I play tend to sound better than other tube amps at lower volumes. Depends on your situation really.
Quote by flanders_91
I'm gonna be getting a new tube amp eventually. i decided on the Bugera 6262 combo after playing it at a local store, but then heard of a Peavey 6505+ combo being released for about the same price. on musicians friend they have it for preorder for $683.99, and will be released on october 9th. should i wait? i really don't want to, because i can't stand using my behringer any longer. so UG, please help me out. or any other suggestions would be good too.

EDIT: my budget is the price of the amps, around 500-800.

i don't really wanna go used, unless completely necessary.

i play anything from green day to metallica. including a7x and disturbed. so i'm also not sure if these will have too much gain for green day's kinda music. i play all of green day's stuff from their old to new.

But yet your buying another Behringer...

That should answer your question right there lol

That said no one knows what the quality or tone of the new peavey will be. So its a toss up vs. getting something we know has a bad track record.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

That said no one knows what the quality or tone of the new peavey will be. So its a toss up vs. getting something we know has a bad track record.

hmm, didn't know Bugera was by Behringer. Well I'm pretty damn sure the 6262 beats my GMX210 hands-down.

so the peavey being new and unheard means who knows what it will be like. and the bugera's have had reliability issues, but from what i have heard all major problems have been fixed. and the one stor of a guy blowing a fuse or something claimed it was his own fault.

and how different can the new peavey be to the old ones? other than its one 12" speaker.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
In all honesty the Peavey sounds great at any volume from about 0.8 upwards.
If you've got some worries about the 6505+ combo, then you could always get a regular head and 2x12 instead and an attenuator if you need to use it at very low volumes
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Jul 20, 2009,
my 6262 combo lasted a week. take from that what you will
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Apart from that Bugera's apparently upped their QC...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
The Peavey is probably a better choice, but it's up to you.
Last edited by sg4ever at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by flanders_91
hmm, didn't know Bugera was by Behringer. Well I'm pretty damn sure the 6262 beats my GMX210 hands-down.

so the peavey being new and unheard means who knows what it will be like. and the bugera's have had reliability issues, but from what i have heard all major problems have been fixed. and the one stor of a guy blowing a fuse or something claimed it was his own fault.

and how different can the new peavey be to the old ones? other than its one 12" speaker.

I can find upwards of 20+ stories of reliability issues. Hell I even had them open up one for me to test out and it was DOA. As for fixing the issues, I've heard the exact opposite lately..

But hey what do I know, its not like I researched them, tested them side by side or even own the real thing.

Made in China is the biggest difference other then that we wont know until they get here..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 20, 2009,
The gain will be kind of rough for Green Day kind of stuff though. You're gonna want a more British mid gain that's bright and has lots of midrange.
Quote by sg4ever
The gain will be kind of rough for Green Day kind of stuff though. You're gonna want a more British mid gain that's bright and has lots of midrange.

that's wut i was worried about...

wut amp would be a little more versatile and cover green day's kinda sound, yet still be able to get to metal. doesnt need to perfectly nail both, but do both decently. just looking for an amp that can do that, fall in my budget of under $900 i guess, and can get loud enough so i can play with my brother while he plays drums. and of course a tube amp. so that being said, let the suggestions come in!!
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
that's wut i was worried about...

wut amp would be a little more versatile and cover green day's kinda sound, yet still be able to get to metal. doesnt need to perfectly nail both, but do both decently. just looking for an amp that can do that, fall in my budget of under $900 i guess, and can get loud enough so i can play with my brother while he plays drums. and of course a tube amp. so that being said, let the suggestions come in!!

Used Peavey Triple, JSX or if you can sqeeze out a bit more a 3120
Used JCM 800. i know you said you didnt want to go used, but it would cover pretty much much all the bands you listed (with an OD)
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by phobiafreak949
Used JCM 800. i know you said you didnt want to go used, but it would cover pretty much much all the bands you listed (with an OD)

thanx, i'll start browsing craigslist.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
all im finding is the jcm900 halfstack for $950 (good deal), and a jcm2000 dsl50.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
im gonna have to go to gc or another local store sometime soon, try out some amps.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
all im finding is the jcm900 halfstack for $950 (good deal), and a jcm2000 dsl50.

the jcm900 would also be good, it has more gain on tap, so you probably wouldn't need an OD for most of the stuff you play. its also more modern sounding. now that i think about it, its probably even better than the 800 for your purposes. and that is a great deal, although i'd also consider browsing ebay if you're not totally against it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals