So I bought this Silvertone Twin Twelve last year. It's a tube amp from '64 with original everything. It sounded very dirty at first and I took it to my local music store and they worked on it for me. I guess I got a new capacitor and tube. When I got it back it had a lot of volume and sounded fairly clean through the original 12" Jensens which need replaced or reconed. Then when I went to play it last week, I turned it on and wasn't getting any volume. I cranked the volume all the way up and could hardly hear anything. It was like playing my electric without an amp. Any ideas as to whats causing this? I'm sure it needs new tubes...even though they all work they are 40 years old. Maybe its a power transformer issue? I have no clue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote by phoenix89
So I bought this Silvertone Twin Twelve last year. It's a tube amp from '64 with original everything. It sounded very dirty at first and I took it to my local music store and they worked on it for me. I guess I got a new capacitor and tube. When I got it back it had a lot of volume and sounded fairly clean through the original 12" Jensens which need replaced or reconed. Then when I went to play it last week, I turned it on and wasn't getting any volume. I cranked the volume all the way up and could hardly hear anything. It was like playing my electric without an amp. Any ideas as to whats causing this? I'm sure it needs new tubes...even though they all work they are 40 years old. Maybe its a power transformer issue? I have no clue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

problem solved surely?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Hope it's the tubes.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!