Hi all
I am wanting to purchase a wah pedal, i currently have a black star ht5 combo amp and a hagstrom semi-hollow body. I have been looking at the zakk wylde one but heard some mixed reports.

Can anyone recommend a good wah pedal?

I'm not wanting one with all the effects, i am just looking for a basic wah pedal.

Thanks
i know the dunlop and vox ones are good, but i can't speak from personal experience cause i don't have one
yeah. the weeping demon i hav heard is good. the original crybaby is good. if u hav enough go for the dimebag crybaby from hell
Budda Budwah.

Very tweakable by setting the rack teeth, less nasal than most, soft top end for less piercing highs.

Lots of vowel sounds, with a really subtle quack.

Also built like a brick ****house.
Quote by Rutch
Budda Budwah.

Very tweakable by setting the rack teeth, less nasal than most, soft top end for less piercing highs.

Lots of vowel sounds, with a really subtle quack.

Also built like a brick ****house.

hah. r u like one of their spokespeople. jk
depends on what you want. i personally *hate* the ones where you have to manually engage them toe down(crybaby, sd, vox). this is not practical for if you just want to briefly flavor a lick or two, since it completely bombards your sound with tons of treble. 'hello audience, i just turned on my wah, your ears will only bleed for a moment.' not subtle at all.

i use the morley tremonti. its voiced nicely for rock, its switchless auto on/off, and it has a db boost for using it to cut thru mixes on solos.

i recently tried the weeping demon. while it is a nice wah and has lots of versatility, the buffer circuit completely neuters your tone, whether the unit is engaged or not. some people dont care about a sterile rig, but i paid a lot for my guitars and pickups so i want to hear them scream instead of being limited by a pedal. the morley i use is not true bypass, but uses a buffer also, yet the tone loss with it is negligible.

hope this helps.
I have a Real McCoy Custom, I like it better than any other wah pedal
Quote by ampoverload
hah. r u like one of their spokespeople. jk

Nah, but I wouldn't mind if I was!

Actually, when I got mine, they were pretty rare, but I had to have one.
I tracked one down, owned by a Budda sponsored artist, and bought it.

They caught wind that he was selling their gear, so they dropped him!
dunlop kh95, try one
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
If we're talking best w/o a budget, Fulltone Clyde Standard. Deluxe if you want a bit more versatility, but you did say "just a wah".

Fail on all the Dunlop and Vox recs.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.