Ok, I had an idea and just wanted to know if it was possible, and if you guys would think it's a good idea. One of my guitars is an ec-1000 with emg's, and I only use that guitar for metal/hardcore. Recently, I don't enjoy the sound the emg's give me nearly as much as I use too, I don't know if this makes sense but I find they lack character.

So basicly, since I never use my neck pickup, I was wondering if It would be a good idea to install a passive bridge pickup in the neck position (this pickup for example, http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP152-Super-3-Pickup?sku=302055), and keep the bridge emg since I still do kind of enjoy their sound.

I know a bridge pickup won't sound the same if you put it in the neck postion, but do you think it would still sound good?
u cant mix active and passive. EMGs do make passives though, and they are decent. get an EMG HZ for the bridge (which will sould a little fuller than the active EMG) then whatever for the neck. i would suggest either the EMG HZ neck, or a duncan jb-2 jazz.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
u cant mix active and passive. EMGs do make passives though, and they are decent. get an EMG HZ for the bridge (which will sould a little fuller than the active EMG) then whatever for the neck. i would suggest either the EMG HZ neck, or a duncan jb-2 jazz.

****, I was scared that would be the case. Anyways thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that.
You could try the EMG X series - they're supposed to be more organic and it'll save you from any soldering/work.
Quote by Ghold125
You CAN mix actives with passives

how? wouldnt u need seperate knobs and output jack?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC