So I'll be visiting New York soon, and while I'm there, I'd like to visit 1 or 2 of the nicer guitar stores. To all the locals, which guitar stores are your favorites? Oh, and from what I've read, I'm pretty sure I'll stay away from Guitar Center.
NY is pretty big dude. if your in the city i would be check out Joey from Life Of Agony's studio and def NY hardcore tattoo's in Brooklyn. Its run by the guys of Agnostic front and Jammy Jasta of HATEBREED. A lot of great bands that made metal what it is came out of NYC so hit the small clubs and you'll see a band on there way to top and not even know it. I saw Killswitch engage with there original singer when they were just a hardcore band and they blew my mind. Enjoy it there a very rich music culture in NYC. tell me where you headed and i can give you a better idea of where to go.
Nah it's not bad. Manhattan 14th street guitar center is the best if you know how to talk the talk. Ask for a girl named Jes. and if she's not there look real disappointed. Then take a random guitar and ask them if it's a mahogany body. That will fool them into thinking your interested and allow you to just jam for like 2 hours. Then you can split once your satisfied.
Also, be sure to visit 48th street. Rudy's Manny's and Sam Ash.

WHEN ARE YOU VISITING?!
Theres a Sam Ash just a couple of blocks down from Times Square thats quite nice.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I just just left that Guitar Center on 14th street. Its actually pretty nice. I have gotten some good help there.

The guys in the acoustic department know what they are talking about.
There actually all pretty knowledgable. Just go in and sit down and play and usually you don't get bothered. If someone comes over to you and asks do you need help just say im trying out some amps. Sometimes they can be real helpful.

I go almost everyday at my lunch hour.
i bought my PRS SE in the Manhattan 14th street GC... really cool dudes, kinda crowded place but i liked it... and good prices too
Quote by sworn_enemy
NY is pretty big dude. if your in the city i would be check out Joey from Life Of Agony's studio and def NY hardcore tattoo's in Brooklyn. Its run by the guys of Agnostic front and Jammy Jasta of HATEBREED. A lot of great bands that made metal what it is came out of NYC so hit the small clubs and you'll see a band on there way to top and not even know it. I saw Killswitch engage with there original singer when they were just a hardcore band and they blew my mind. Enjoy it there a very rich music culture in NYC. tell me where you headed and i can give you a better idea of where to go.

I'm leaving this monday, the thing is I'm going with my family so I won't get to do exactly what I'd like to do. I really wanted to go check out a hardcore show, which I could obviously do back in my hometown, but since my mom dosen't really know the city and is convinced New York is very dangerous, she probably won't let me alone for a night all by myself.

I'll be staying in Queen's but we'll be going to different areas of New York everyday.
Quote by intentionsthere
I'll be staying in Queen's but we'll be going to different areas of New York everyday.

There's a Sam Ash by Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike, which is the last stop on the Q10 bus, I believe. I live in Queens, but there is not a lot to check out, besides malls and stuff.
There's also a Sam Ash in Times Square that is a like a block long and has a seperate store for every instrument they sell, or something like that. I've never been there, so I'm not sure.
Around 34th street in Manhatten has all the tourist stuff, but all of New York is one giant tourist place.
Brookyn has a ton of indie/DIY places, ranging from record stores to mom and pop guitar stores. I don't go often, but that's also something to look into.

South Street Seaport has free concerts every Friday, Coney Island had one a few days ago. That might be something to look into, if you want.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
You should come Saturday instead. Then you can come see my show. =P

**** that's like one day before I leave lol, does your band have a myspace with recorded tracks on it? I'd love to hear it.
That sam ash on 48th is pretty nice. Theres another guitar store on that block too, Manny's Music.

I would hit up that sam ask on W 48th and the Guitar Center on 14th.

Nothing wrong with guitar center, good stuff there. I bought my Ibanez bass, Valveking Amp, couple pedals and yamaha acoustic for my cousin all there.
I second visiting rudy's and the sam ash on 48th. I went to the PRS road show stop at rudy's back in may. never purchased anything at eother, but both seem like great stores. rudy's actually has 2 stores. the shop on 48th and the "amp room" as they call in on the 4th floor of a building around the corner on 7th ave. and as someone already said, the sam ash basically has a searate storefront for each category of merch they sell. there was another shop I went into on 48th st that I seem to remember was closing (or at least having a massive sale). can't remember the name of it, but definitely wished I could've afforded one of the PRS's they had on sale.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
www.myspace.com/konquered

we only have one track up at the moment though

Hey, I don't listen to thrash metal much anymore, but I must say your band is really solid and the riffs sound great, it would've been fun to see you guys live, take care dude.