Page 1 of 2
I was looking for a practice amp, and my friend told me he was selling his Line 6 Spider III 30 and footpedal for $50. So I said hey, sounds neat, so I bought it because I really needed a practice amp.

Big mistake...

My god, it's a crap amp. It sounds so flat and digital! Are there any sound settings that'll polish my turd just a little bit!?
Om nom nom nom!
/inb4off
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Not really, I fiddled with the setting in GAK, couldn't get any decent sounds out of it, sorry.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Well, at least you only spent $50 on it, might turn around and trade it w/ some cash for something better. As for making it sound better, I've played a few and it sounds best with a clean/slightly gainy setting with so much delay/reverb you can barely hear the actual note.

Think about it this way - you got a lampstand with a built in guitar tuner for $50.
for 50 bucks?
thats an awesome deal. chances are you have no idea how to operate it or "dial in" any type of tone and after reading countless threads bashing spiders, you have decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a completely useless thread.

i have no respect for you sir.

and just to spite you...

Last edited by customisbetter at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by customisbetter
for 50 bucks?
thats an awesome deal. chances are you have no idea how to operate it or "dial in" any type of tone and after reading countless threads bashing spiders, you have decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a completely useless thread.

i have no respect for you sir.

Don't worry TS, last week I went down to the local grocery store and tried to pay with 'customisbetter's respect' and they said it's not worth anything...

He's right about $50 being a good deal though. Take some time and mess with it. I seriously doubt your ears are trained enough to hear why we hate it, yet. You will hate it soon enough, no need to rush.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
ok i have a line 6 and i love it, what type of pedal is it, and what type of guitar do you have i kinda need to know that before i can help but try this, turn on your amp with just your guitar turn the tremble up on your amp to create a higher sound and just keep adjusting the knobs on your amp till you can get it to work
Quote by tubetime86
Don't worry TS, last week I went down to the local grocery store and tried to pay with 'customisbetter's respect' and they said it's not worth anything...

He's right about $50 being a good deal though. Take some time and mess with it. I seriously doubt your ears are trained enough to hear why we hate it, yet. You will hate it soon enough, no need to rush.

nice
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 8

Heavy Distortion.

or

Treble 6
Mid 4
Bass 9

w/ reverb at like 5

for clean sounds.

Just play with it.

No need to hate, it IS just a practice amp.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by tubetime86

I've been fiddling around with it. The clean channel is ok, but the distortion channels....there's just nothing to it lol. It sounds bland.

Quote by ashesremain
ok i have a line 6 and i love it, what type of pedal is it, and what type of guitar do you have i kinda need to know that before i can help but try this, turn on your amp with just your guitar turn the tremble up on your amp to create a higher sound and just keep adjusting the knobs on your amp till you can get it to work

The pedal is the FBV Express. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. and a Schecter C-1.
Om nom nom nom!
Quote by ashesremain

Uhh... what?

Their not bad for a practice amp, and you definitely got a good deal. I spent $300 on my 75 Watt one, that would be a mistake... Put it on the red "metal" amp model, and play with the settings. You'll be able to find something decent. It's still going to sound digital but not too bad.
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Quote by ashesremain

What The Flying Tortiosemonkeyballs?

God. I think almost everyone who has played a Line6 Spider 3 amp had no idea what those shiny chrome knobs were for.

I run everything flat because the real EQ I use is from my pedal. So thats that. But I used it with an acoustic guitar equipped with a pickup, and the acoustic tones were great. I cleared my settings since then but it's not a bad amp by any means.

The distortions mostly blow. I can get a decent sound coming from the metal setting (tweaked of course) but on insane... that setting is pretty much hopeless.
teh best s0und i've hurd fr0m a line 6 spider wuz teh s0und it made hitting teh pavement at terminal vel0city. its was br00talz!! but anyway, for $50, its okay for practice you know? not like yur gonna use it for gigging....
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
teh best s0und i've hurd fr0m a line 6 spider wuz teh s0und it made hitting teh pavement at terminal vel0city. its was br00talz!! but anyway, for $50, its okay for practice you know? not like yur gonna use it for gigging....

I think that's a pretty good setting for your Behringer too.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by KreatorRage
I bet your amp doesn't have enough CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!.

your fancy marshal does?

Does your marshal have INSANE distortion which is just the peak of too much and way too much treble with way too much bass and no mids?!?!

Didnt think so.
Quote by tubetime86
I think that's a pretty good setting for your Behringer too.

hey, i hate my behringer. im not proud of it. and if im not able to sell it when i get a good amp, thats the sound it will be making. although i won't get to a height where it will reach terminal velocity, it will smash. hopefully. and i will record it and post it here. maybe i can get $100 for it and the metal zone from some noob.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
your fancy marshal does?

Does your marshal have INSANE distortion which is just the peak of too much and way too much treble with way too much bass and no mids?!?!

Didnt think so.

I lol'd
Quote by flanders_91
hey, i hate my behringer. im not proud of it. and if im not able to sell it when i get a good amp, thats the sound it will be making. although i won't get to a height where it will reach terminal velocity, it will smash. hopefully. and i will record it and post it here. maybe i can get $100 for it and the metal zone from some noob.

Then why put it in your sig?
I own some things im not totally proud of, but i don't advertise them.
Quote by customisbetter
Then why put it in your sig?
I own some things im not totally proud of, but i don't advertise them.

Because if he didn't I just would have said; "at least he has an amp." Not sure which is worse.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by flanders_91

judging from your join date, and the stupidity of your posts, its clear that *you* are the noob. mod your metal zone, it can be a good pedal in the hands of someone smart enough to use it.
Quote by xtheclincherx
judging from your join date, and the stupidity of your posts, its clear that *you* are the noob. mod your metal zone, it can be a good pedal in the hands of someone smart enough to use it.

No, not really. Not enough to justify buying it, or spending money to have it modded, anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Lol yea I can get some worthy distortion outta my amp. It IS very digital sounding, but its better than nothing. It was reccomended to me buy a guy at my local shop as a practice amp...at the time i didn't think of doing research on it...he just said it was good so i went uber big and bought one. I'm glad i bought it XD it was cheaper than getting a small amp along with all the effects. So stop complaining, its not a horrid piece of equipment.
Quote by tubetime86
No, not really. Not enough to justify buying it, or spending money to have it modded, anyway.

yes, yes really. do the mod yourself.
like i said, intelligence is a pre-requisite.
Quote by Spachula
I was looking for a practice amp, and my friend told me he was selling his Line 6 Spider III 30 and footpedal for $50. So I said hey, sounds neat, so I bought it because I really needed a practice amp.

Big mistake...

My god, it's a crap amp. It sounds so flat and digital! Are there any sound settings that'll polish my turd just a little bit!?

+1

Line 6 amps suck. The effects/PODs are good.
Quote by xtheclincherx
yes, yes really. do the mod yourself.
like i said, intelligence is a pre-requisite.

I have no use for a buzzy, brittle metal zone, sorry. If I wanted high gain, I'd get a high gain amp. But you're right, I'm sure it sounds great through your Frontman, or whatever it is you practice your 'squealies' on.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
man just for 50 bucks, thats not bad.
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by tubetime86
I have no use for a buzzy, brittle metal zone, sorry. If I wanted high gain, I'd get a high gain amp. But you're right, I'm sure it sounds great through your Frontman, or whatever it is you practice your 'squealies' on.

aww...did tubeytime get her wittle feelings hurt?

lol i love how you go straight for insults by implying i have a frontman. see, im very secure and content with the gear i own, so much so, that i dont have to put it in my signature to feel good about myself.

besides, if you dont want high gain, how could you even consider your opinion relevant enough to post a rebuttle against someone else's advice?

go randomly chime in at the pit and leave the useful conversation to the adults.
Quote by tubetime86

also, tubey, in your research of my posts you failed to see that i didnt start that thread. so i cant take credit for 'squealies.'

but feel free to try again!!
Page 1 of 2