Page 1 of 4
i hear people say, 4,000 songs, who listens to that amount of music! uh, me. i think i could easily have 10,000 songs and still not be satisfied. if i had Limewire or any of the illegal programs i think id be investigated by the FBI cuz id download so much. the claim is that the 16 gig ipod holds 4,000 songs, a very generous estimate, i filled it at 3,200. of course, they dont take into account those 20 min Allman Bros jams, which i had to delete anyway.

any1 here satisfied with their music collection? i feel like mine is a never ending project, which unfortunately leaves me deleting things cuz of the ipod space.
I have almost 600. Very satisfied. The large capacity iPods are meant to store movies too, so they won't really hold 4,000 songs or whatever they say they are supposed to hold.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
so... that makes you cool?
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Number of songs is irrelevant, it's the number of good songs. Nobody listens to every track in their library...
Yes. I will never buy/acquire any more music ever again. I have exhausted the musical oasis of this dry, forgotten land we call Earth.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i know what you mean...

having diverse tastes will **** up your song count haha

because I have so many types of bands, and artists, and songs, i've got 6790 songs currently, but i feel like that will expand as i find new music still
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by TSmitty6
i hear people say, 4,000 songs, who listens to that amount of music! uh, me. i think i could easily have 10,000 songs and still not be satisfied. if i had Limewire or any of the illegal programs i think id be investigated by the FBI cuz id download so much. the claim is that the 16 gig ipod holds 4,000 songs, a very generous estimate, i filled it at 3,200. of course, they dont take into account those 20 min Allman Bros jams, which i had to delete anyway.

any1 here satisfied with their music collection? i feel like mine is a never ending project, which unfortunately leaves me deleting things cuz of the ipod space.

Get an Ipod Classic. Holding 10k songs for me and theres still room ;D
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Oh that makes you special. I guarentee at least 90% of the people who claim to have over 5 thousand songs only listen to about 1 thousand of them. I know I only listen to about a half of my mp3 player, since I have CDs I only like for 1 song.
I have nearly 18,000 and I'm pretty satisfied. Always room for more though!
I have about 4,000 songs, which is more than enough for me for a long time.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
not remotely happy...i cud easily have twice what number of songs i have if i used those illegal downloadin things
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by vitchb
Number of songs is irrelevant, it's the number of good songs. Nobody listens to every track in their library...

i listened to every track in my library when i had a 2 gig ipod (500 songs).

now i have about 4200, and an 80 gig ipod so plenty of space left. I am always getting more though...
Quote by Eliyahu
Oh that makes you special. I guarentee at least 90% of the people who claim to have over 5 thousand songs only listen to about 1 thousand of them. I know I only listen to about a half of my mp3 player, since I have CDs I only like for 1 song.

this is true. I have entire discographies that i oly listen to half of, and entire discographies that i dont even listen to (those tend to get deleted in the end though)

and i agree that no one listens to their entire library evenly, or even at all. I have lots of songs that havent even been played yet....
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Well, only counting the songs I've ripped from the CD's I own, I'm at about 2,000 songs or 213 albums. I don't really download music, except when I want to check out an album before buying it.

Edit: I don't think I'll ever become satisfied with my music collection, and why should I? I love new music!
Last edited by emil_sej at Jul 20, 2009,
i have some sort of obsession for discographies and finding new bands...

right now i have (according to itunes): 751 albums, 5025 songs, 27.51 GB
Quote by Orlando01
so... that makes you cool?

when did he ever say that made him cool?

On topic: i just bought a 16GB iPod cuz i ran out of room on my old one.
Only now i'm slowly running out of room on my 16GB
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
you know how you know when you have enough songs? when every song you can think of that you'd want on your ipod is on your ipod...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
I have 3k, soon to be a lot more tho. I just discovered techno...
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by vitchb

Not true. My girlfriend's got about 1200 songs on her ipod and she's listened to everything about 4 or 5 times at the very least.

EDIT: Just talked to her and asked. It's around 2,500 and she's listened to them all at least 4 times.
Last edited by Wrst_Plyr_Evr at Jul 20, 2009,
The 'holds 4,000 songs' claim is completely retarded, for a start it assumes a constant song length, and bitrate of the tracks, both of which must be far below the average i have in my library.

But yeah, i think i need a new ipod.. my 30gig does nothing to hold my 11,000 tracks
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
6000 songs on my ipod. But about 1000 of those are Dream Theater or side projects by the members.
My ipods got a bit less than half the space left (8gig) and there's so much music that I don't listen to that I could delete.
I think i don't listen to more than 40 different song in a month.

Also i think i have around 500 songs, maximum would be 1000.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by chimpinatux
The 'holds 4,000 songs' claim is completely retarded, for a start it assumes a constant song length, and bitrate of the tracks, both of which must be far below the average i have in my library.

But yeah, i think i need a new ipod.. my 30gig does nothing to hold my 11,000 tracks

"Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i got like 4 giga on my phone, 300 songs and im satisfied, there are even songs on it i havent had time for to listen to :p
i always want more, i have a peice of **** ipod that hold like 600 songs and i always have to erase the ones that i dont listen to as much to get new music on there.
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
u should see how many songs in my itunes have 0 listens. I wonder how many TS has..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

60k for me. ipod's are terrible. itunes is bull****. apple doesnt update their music player, only their store where they sell you .aac files which sound horrific. ftw
well i have an ipod classic and have 8273 songs and i got this the week it came out and im proud to say that ive listened to over half of them but ive still want more music i have some wierd as music tastes and can listen to everything except rap type music eminems the exceptions i think because musics always being released were always gonna want more and thats never gonna stop even if we dont listen to it were still gonna want it well thats what i think anyway
my ipod is almost full... i knew i should have gotten a bigger one. i just ask everyone to give me their music no matter what it is... never know what i might find. every so often i do a little house cleaning and get rid of all the music that's on it that i don't like. but i think it's about time to just get the 120 GB and when that fills out i'll wait for Apple to release a bigger one.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
I have just over 2000, and although I am constantly on the hunt for new stuff, I honestly don't listen to every song on my iPod.
Also, Having 10,000+ songs does not make you more of a music fan.
omg who listens to all that, i only got like 110 songs, but i want to listen to more, but I'm just so picky that i dont give new bands any chance, i still listen to the old..early 00's
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
Quote by colonel_dangles
I have just over 2000, and although I am constantly on the hunt for new stuff, I honestly don't listen to every song on my iPod.
Also, Having 10,000+ songs does not make you more of a music fan.

that it does not. particularly because i'm sure that any one genre probably has that many songs in it. not that anyone has just ONE genre on their ipod, i'm just saying that it's entirely possible.
Quote by konfyouzd
that it does not. particularly because i'm sure that any one genre probably has that many songs in it. not that anyone has just ONE genre on their ipod, i'm just saying that it's entirely possible.

+1

Variety FTW

Always have some music for every occasion.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
+1

Variety FTW

Always have some music for every occasion.

yea i like a little variety. my ipod is fairly varied, but i feel like just going through the artists lists is a bit misleading. i should have much more music by certain artists.

it kind of looks like i'm only kind of into certain things when in reality i absolutely love some of these artists and just haven't gotten my hands on much of their music to date.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Well you're cool.

Indeed.

Well I assume people are always discovering new music, so ultimately you could have hundreds of thousands of songs.
Page 1 of 4