Hi, I'm looking for some new pickups to go into my Les Paul. Budget around £150-200.

Genres I play: Blues, Classic Rock, Metal

Blues - Peter Green, Gary Moore, BB King, Joe Bonomassa etc
Classic Rock - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, some Guns N Roses.
Metal - Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Judas Priest
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Hard to get something Perfect for all of those, but...

Bareknuckle Miracle Mans if you are more aligned with the blues and classic rock.
Bareknuckle Nailbombs if you are more aligned with the whole NWOBHM and hair metal scene (better Jazz tone too).

They'll both do both (I speak from extensive first hand experience as I like all the stuff you listed) but it all depends on what you need more. Also have them wired in as a coil tap.
i would think that the bare knuckle mules would be the obvious choice here.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Has anyone tried the BKP Stormy Mondays?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the stormy mondays are a copy of the earlier PAF pickup while the the mule of the later one. Haven't tried either though
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Bareknuckle Miracle Mans if you are more aligned with the blues and classic rock.

anyway, at that kind of budget, you more or less have your pick of the market, as long as you don't want original late 50s PAFs or some of the really expensive boutique ones like tom holmes, throbaks etc. but other than that, the choice is more or less yours.

if you want to look at UK manufacturers, take a look at these (I've asterisked the ones I've tried; the ones I haven't, i've heard good things about the others- with any and all of them, email them for advice as to which pickups to go for for the tones you want):

bareknuckle*
bulldog
rockmonkey
shed
swineshead*

then you have dimarzio and duncan

then all the US-based boutique pickup makers- though it's debatable if you'll get anything more out of them that you won't get from the UK-based ones, and it'll be a lot easier to get a hold of the UK-based ones (and probably cheaper, too).

Based on the tones you want, and assuming you don't play the metal stuff you listed 99% of the time, that it's a pretty even spread, i'd probably veer towards more vintage-voiced pickups than anything too hot. the blues and classic rock stuff you listed would be fine with pafs, and even the metal you listed wouldn't need ridiculously high output pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Hold your horses big D, I meant the best choice considering he also wants to play some form of metal. Hardly the best choice if you're playing blues/classic rock exclusively.
oh ok, sorry. I'd still say I wouldn't want the miracle man if I were playing any amount of classic rock and blues, though, I imagine some of the higher output alnico-loaded BKPs would be better for that (just I haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I need to record you some blues with my MMs. I'm sure you wouldn't think it was that bad (apart from the playing)
neck or bridge? i've already got the bridge version and I wouldn't use it for blues, or even classic rock, really. it starts to come into its own for 80s metal, though, which is what i wanted it for.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
engl savage se, valve junior. mainly the engl, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well as we say, amp is 80% of tone. I have a Rocker 30, so maybe it's something to do with that I honestly got a really good 50's blues tone out of it the other day, along with some decent pop-blues (like Mayer). I should point out that my set are tapped though, and I use them in that position for a lot of the blues I play.
ah, yeah, that might be it. I have parallel wiring, which lowers the output, but it also thins the tone a bit, so you're still not getting a vintage humbucker-y tone out of it- i assume taps are better at that?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, definitley. I have the bridge only tapped in actuality: This means that the neck humbucker is always a humbucker, but at the middle position you get the tapped neck sound without the thinness. The bridge tapped on its own can get a little thin, but it's great for the old Chuck Berry type of sound.
just to check, you don't mean splits, do you? i'm assuming you mean actual taps, like you can do with single coils and p90s?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm. You got me there. I don't actually know the difference. I have it wired to a push/pull pot.
oh, ok, sorry. splits are when only one coil of the humbucker is active, so it's more like a single coil. a tap is when a wire is taken off before all the turns have been done, lowering the output (but both coils, in a humbucker anyway, are still active). Should sound like a lower-output humbucker. Splits can only be used with 4-conductor humbuckers, while taps can be used on either humbuckers or single coils.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
then it's coil split. They were four conductor humbuckers and I wired the bridge one so that it would be split on a push pull pot which doubled as my tone pot. TBH I don't know a whole lot about what I did; I can solder and I followed a diagram.
no worries, yeah, that sounds more like splits.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Does anyone have the Rock Monkey Smooth Heritage?
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Does anyone have the Rock Monkey Smooth Heritage?

I have no experience with that but I have a set of Rockmonkey strat pickups on the way to me. Definitely recommend Rockmonkey, you should email Chris or pm him on here (CorduroyEW), he'll help get the most suitable set.
I'm in the process of getting Rock Monkey pick-ups for my old Strat I'm modifying. I was recommended Hot Texans by Chris.