fallout
convinced
coitus
plaintive
intergalactic
cygnet
perspire
dandelion

Hopefully this one can move quickly as well. If you've never done a Word-Drop before, basically you're all given the same list of words and all of those words have to appear in your piece.

I'm letting you guys choose the words, so when you say that you're in, post any two words that you'd like to be on the list. I'll choose 10 of your suggested words, and as soon as we get 8 (might stretch it to 10) people signed up, then I'll post the list. From that point on you'll have 3 days to send in your piece.

It's that simple.

1)bassbeat77*
2)ZanasCross*
3)NinthDetour*
4)ninja monkey*
5)Ganoosh
6)NGD1313*
7)kdownes*
8)snowblind 911*
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Jul 26, 2009,
*raises hand*

fallout
fiddlesticks

=)

fid?dle?sticks??[fid-l-stiks] Show IPA
?interjection (used to express impatience, dismissal, etc.)
Promises meant a lot back then.
Last edited by ninja monkey at Jul 21, 2009,
I'm not sure if I want in or not...I don't honestly think I'm good enough to write something even halfway decent when I'm given a set of words like that.

My in is pending further consideration..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
^I don't think any of us are good enough to write anything halfway decent using those words, so I wouldn't worry about that. Keeping in mind too that not all of those words are going to make the cut. I'll be choosing only 10 of the suggested words.

Think of it this way, if you enter and even if you don't win, what have you lost? At least you've gained the experience of writing the piece within the boundaries, which could benefit you in later comps. But if you don't enter, while you still haven't lost anything, you haven't gained anything either.
I have been convinced.

In.

This should be...interesting..

EDIT: Convinced, interesting
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Last edited by Ganoosh at Jul 21, 2009,
Steve, I do believe that you should pick two words as well and then do an ol' draw out of the hat or something of the like.
=)

Edit: will we be able to change the tense of the words?
Last edited by ninja monkey at Jul 21, 2009,
Sign-ups are closed.

Here is the list of words that I've chosen somewhat randomly:

flabbergasted
orange
fallout
convinced
coitus
plaintive
intergalactic
cygnet
perspire
dandelion

You have 3 days to get your piece in to me.
how the **** do you guys write so fast?
takes me forever to even be bothered starting... let alone actually finishing a piece.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
i think i need to do that more. i let things brew for too long and then while i'm writing it never comes out the way i want... and i end up second-guessing and getting lost and by the time it's written the ending is so forced it ruins the whole thing.

actually writing this piece is coming quite easily now i've started... got four words left. flabbergasted is a horrible word for poetry

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
flabbergasted is a horrible word for poetry

it really is.
I don't even know where to start...
eh, I'll figure it out eventually.
fck yeah. done. flabbergasted totally didn't work very well though.
sending now.

edit: had to use the old pm system. soz.

Last edited by Snowblind 911 at Jul 23, 2009,
I won't be around this weekend so this probably won't go up until sunday night or monday, so if it's not up right away there's no need to ask why. I still expect the pieces in by the due date.
darn. i was looking forward to seeing this go up today/tomoz
no problem though. just builds the anticipation

I just sent mine.
For being this early in the morning, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. =)