Ok so my peavey hasnt been played in awhile. And when I go to play it It sounds mono tone, unless I hit it or shake it. What could the problem be, before I take her apart.
How did I know someone would say that. Oh well I guess Ill get a scredriver. Does anyone have a link to a cool cheap homemade pickup winder?
I also don't see what you mean by sounding monotone.

Google. You can do it, but, I'll help you anyways.
Do you have some sort of Rotary Tool, like a dremel?, or anything that spins, with variable speeds? Even a hand drill would work, you just have to go real slow. There was a really good guide on how to do this, I might've favorited it.

Nope, didn't favorite it.
Not sure, buy I guarantee theres a thread about it here.

EDIT: On the Dremel, the connector for the barrel sander works, you'd just have to take off the sandpaper, and get a larger washer.

They sell pickup winding brackets. The thing where you put the poles in, and wrap the wire around.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 20, 2009,
By monotone I mean It sounds half as loud as regular. Unless I shake it or hit it, Or ask it to dinner lol... than it plays regular for awhile.

But I did google and found a sewing machine one that I like. I may build that.

If I need to rewire the guitar what gauge Do I need?
I don't think Gauge really matters. I just use what's lying around.
But, the higher the gage, is better.(the smaller)

EDIT: Get at least 4 different colors though. It's easier that way, so if you need to take it apart, or want to mod it, it's easier.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 20, 2009,