Page 1 of 2
I am not sure which to go with. I really don't like messing with floyd roses, but I have enough guitars to solve that tuning problem.

The EC-1000 is 700 with a case while the Alexi is 800 plus tax and no case. IDK WHAT TO DO!>?
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Do you like versatility? All the Laiho models i've seen only come with one pup.

The EC is more versatile, but the Laiho is prolly better if you shred.

What genre will you be playing with it?
Is there anything specific you're looking for in the guitar?
I play the cheaper Alexi, and the only problems I've came along were my own fault. Great guitar, fast neck, even nice stock pickup.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I will probably playing metalcore/deathcorish stuff, but I am also a HUGE COB fan so...? haha tough decision. They are both great, and I know the EC is a better deal. I have always wanted the Alexi model, and think I might kick myself for not picking it up... I just wanted to spend less on the EC + the case!
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
ec all the way man!

way more versatile
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'd go for the EC, the neck on that is beautiful, and call me old fashioned, but nothing beats dishing out metal riffs on a big ol' slab of mahogany . I've only played the Alexi 200 but if the 600 is a better guitar than that, then you've got a real tough decision. The Alexi model costs the same as an ESP SV-S2 just because of his signature on the headstock, so I'd stick with a standard model. £700 for an EC-1000 is a great deal, too.
Eclipse's are the nicest guitars ever. Ever!

Your decision should be easy.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
If I were in your situation I would take the EC, seeing as you already have a nice floyd-equipped guitar.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I would take the Alexi, because it's made for metal. And you will probably love it too since you play metalcore/deathcore/COB stuff.

But another option is to get blackouts in the EC :P a dude i know has it. Beastly.
Another unoriginal prog head.
Quote by Ne0Assass1n
I would take the Alexi, because it's made for metal. And you will probably love it too since you play metalcore/deathcore/COB stuff.

But another option is to get blackouts in the EC :P a dude i know has it. Beastly.

ESP's in general are made for metal, dude.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Er he isnt talking about getting an Eclipse.

excuse me?

He wants to get either an EC-1000 or that Alexi model which i'm pretty sure the EC is an eclipse unless i'm stoned and have been under that impression for quite a while now.

And yes i still say get the EC, i didn't even look at the guitars you already have, but if you have one with a floyd already I don't think the alexi is the best option.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
An LTD EC is not an Eclipse. Ask anyone who knows anything about ESP and they would tell you the same.

Somebody is a little anal about their models...

An EC has the EXACT same body shape as an Eclipse, and EC is also the first two letters in Eclipse, subliminally suggesting that it is an Eclipse.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
I'd go with the EC-1000.

IN VINTAGE BLACK!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
lol they are two completely different guitars. But they are both USED and cheap! thanks for the help! I am going with the EC-1000, got it for $635 Canadian with case.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Did you play them both? If so, which one did you find better to play? If you can answer those two questions then you have your answer.
No no no, the body shape is not the same.

Quote by Metlhead443
Somebody is a little anal about their models...

An EC has the EXACT same body shape as an Eclipse, and EC is also the first two letters in Eclipse, subliminally suggesting that it is an Eclipse.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Er he isnt talking about getting an Eclipse.

LOL, so you're saying that an EC-1000 is not the same as an Eclipse? You're being too anal here. For example, an LTD EC-1000 VB is the EXACT guitar as the ESP Eclipse-II VB, aside from the ESP being made in Japan and the LTD in Korea (and the LTD having 24 frets vs. the ESP's 22). Sure, there may be better build quality with the ESP, but to say the EC-1000 is not an Eclipse shape is downright retarded.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
EC easily.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by lethaldosage45
lol they are two completely different guitars. But they are both USED and cheap! thanks for the help! I am going with the EC-1000, got it for $635 Canadian with case.

Excellent choice!!!
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by ToneLabeouf
LOL, so you're saying that an EC-1000 is not the same as an Eclipse? You're being too anal here. For example, an LTD EC-1000 VB is the EXACT guitar as the ESP Eclipse-II VB, aside from the ESP being made in Japan and the LTD in Korea (and the LTD having 24 frets vs. the ESP's 22). Sure, there may be better build quality with the ESP, but to say the EC-1000 is not an Eclipse shape is downright retarded.

I can't remember if it's still on the LTD Deluxe guitars but their tummy cut goes deeper than the on the ESP SS guitars. And if we're talking non US markets then there is a difference between a LTD EC-1000 and an ESP Eclipse. So really it depends on which market you located in but technically the EC isn't a true Eclipse shape except if you live in America then it may (refer to previous point about tummy cut)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I can't remember if it's still on the LTD Deluxe guitars but their tummy cut goes deeper than the on the ESP SS guitars. And if we're talking non US markets then there is a difference between a LTD EC-1000 and an ESP Eclipse. So really it depends on which market you located in but technically the EC isn't a true Eclipse shape except if you live in America then it may (refer to previous point about tummy cut)

I'm Canadian, I also forgot that the LTD is thinner (if I recall correctly).

The point I was getting at was that the shape is the same.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by ToneLabeouf
I'm Canadian, I also forgot that the LTD is thinner (if I recall correctly).

The point I was getting at was that the shape is the same.

But like I said the Non-US market Eclipse is far different from the LTD EC shape.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
But like I said the Non-US market Eclipse is far different from the LTD EC shape.

Oh, that's pretty cool then!

I would assume, then, that for a guitar to be called an Eclipse it has to be made in Japan?
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by ToneLabeouf

I would assume, then, that for a guitar to be called an Eclipse it has to be made in Japan?

Yes you would be right in assuming that.
The non US Eclipse guitars have a much longer lower horn. But you seem to be learning.

Quote by ToneLabeouf

I would get the Alexi model...but I only say that because I don't really like the Les Paul/Eclipse shaped guitars.

Unless its the pink Alexi model...**** that gay ****!
Quote by srob7001
I would get the Alexi model...but I only say that because I don't really like the Les Paul/Eclipse shaped guitars.

I dunno i think it looks pretty cool for a pink guitar
Quote by srob7001

I was never big on the Les Paul either, I was always more of a strat guy. Lately, for some reason, the shape has grown on me tremendously. I like the Eclipse shape much more for the sole fact that the lower horn is pointy and the guitar is much more metal.
Gear:
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Quote by Fardarkcrow
I dunno i think it looks pretty cool for a pink guitar

I guess, but I just can't bring myself to own ANYTHING that is pink.

But you know what they say...Pink.....it's the new black.

I personally love the new Alexi model...the 2 tone black.....i just came thinking about it.
I would say the EC-1000. I've never played an Alexi, but based on what I know from playing other sig models, its probably nothing that special. The EC-1000 is super comfortable and it felt really good when I played it in GC.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Page 1 of 2