Hey, I have ripped a track from a multi-track recording I did the other day; you can hear it if you go on my profile. I am trying to do half tone bends in each case, but to me they sound horrid and out of tune. Lol, I just wanted someone else to listen and tell me if they are indeed out of tune. I don't know whether the unpleasant tom-cat wailing sound is coming from the fact that I do not "stop" the bend, I bend up, and then bring the string right down. This was intentional because it gives the song a more angsty feel. But anyway, please listen and tell me how out of tune these half tone bends are. Thanks!
I suddenly feel a whole lot better about both my playing ability and my guitar tone.
Some sound ok but a lot sound out - although I don't have the greatest ear. Have you tried practicing by playing your target note, then bending to it, then playing the target note again to check - repeatedly? If not, try it - it helps a lot.
When I had problems bending in tune I'd just play a song I liked and fiddle about until my guitar and the song were around the same level of volume (guitar slightly louder) and that way I found when I would bend it would stand out and sound wrong.

This way I learned how far to bend for half whole etc. and it'd probably work better doing it with a gp tab rather than the cd
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
you need more practice but pretty good. Oh and btw i heard some pinch harmonics in there (sorta crappy ones but still) is that just me?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster by Squire
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Nope. I'm far too honest.
Some good some no. The way i learned the bends is :

1. Guitar connected to tuner
2. Choose a random note