Hey, i have a huge basement and im gonna build a recording studio down there. This studio should be able to accomidate any instrument ans possibly multiple instruments such as guitar,vocal,bass,and a drum set. Also, im only 14, so no huge amounts of cash to blow, but i just need the basics. Thanks
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
Hey, i have a huge basement and im gonna build a recording studio down there. This studio should be able to accomidate any instrument ans possibly multiple instruments such as guitar,vocal,bass,and a drum set. Also, im only 14, so no huge amounts of cash to blow, but i just need the basics. Thanks

hate to break it to you, but this is gonna cost a lot more money than you have.

give us a budget and we can start making real suggestions.
Well first get guitar, bass, good mic and drums.

Mic - I would recomment the shure sm57 (or techlink mm7 if you're cheap like me but want same quality)

You then need some sort of an interface... if you don't have drums or bass I would recommend just staying simple and asking around for help on UG... the people here are helpful and may record some bits for you
I have about $8,000 - $10,000 invested here. Including instruments of course. It is very basic for recording purposes. I think most people are just going direct into the computer from a processor and using software to edit. I haven't tried that method but I think its' pretty easy and I know its' a lot cheaper than bulding a studio.
Here's my home studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEY48LrPveY