I am desperate for a guitar amp!!

I have been playing unplugged on my electrics for over 2 years now and I need an amp to practise and play live on for the future. I could play an Guitar through a ****ty BASS practice amp I got for sound though....

I havent had the money to afford an amp until recently, and the only guitar shop anywhere near me that I could try an amp closed down (Even though it was Line 6 Spider haven for kids that read and watch kerrang).

So I have no experience with amps and do not have a clue with what sounds like what and which would be best for this, despite my passion for music.

So I am not only asking for advice on what amp to get, but whether or not to get a modelling amp or not. Because I do wish to play as many different sounds and effects as possible - this means - get a modelling amp (jack of all trades, king of none, cheaper) or get a normal amp with pedals (Much better quality but costs more).

I have a Gibson SG Special, I need an amp which is balanced, and I am looking between £500-£600 (But willing to push past that)
Last edited by IronMole at Jul 20, 2009,
U hav a gibson, but no amp?
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
My advice to you is build your rig gradually. So for now, put all that money into a decent amp, then gradually add on pedals and effects as you need them. Get something with a great base tone, and build around it. Now, what sort of tones are you going for?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
My advice to you is build your rig gradually. So for now, put all that money into a decent amp, then gradually add on pedals and effects as you need them. Get something with a great base tone, and build around it. Now, what sort of tones are you going for?

I have always been a fan of Rory Gallagher and Hendrixs sound with a bit of Gilmour, but I dont wanna copy their sound.
Id buy a little randal combo tube cuz then you would still have money for a decent pedal
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White