Page 1 of 2
What's a song you've learned or written that you take great pride in, or took a long time to learn due to difficulty or an unfamiliar technique? personally, mine is either YYZ by rush or DMZ by Primus, theyre very close as yyz was just an intense song all around, and dmz utilized bass tapping, which when i first tried to learn the song, was a completely new concept to me.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The version of Canon Rock I arranged on bass. It took me f*cking ages.

thats sounds insane :P

YYZ for me as well though sometimes i screwup and look like a bit of a twat still learning it
My friends of misery bass solo by Jason Newstead, not particularly difficult at all but it really nice sounding and can easily impress for that all important ego boost
Scarified by Racer X of course.

....though i'm still in the process of learning :P
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Who Did you think I was - John Mayer - Where the Light Is.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I am kinda begginer on bass So my pride song right now is Histeria
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The version of Canon Rock I arranged on bass. It took me f*cking ages.

Would this by any chance be it
I dont really have a single song, but I always like showing off The Pot by Tool.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Quote by reidy8
My friends of misery bass solo by Jason Newstead, not particularly difficult at all but it really nice sounding and can easily impress for that all important ego boost

The intro? That is so much fun to play.
Quote by Caltelt
Would this by any chance be it
I dont really have a single song, but I always like showing off The Pot by Tool.

that's not him
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
that's not him

I know its not. I was poking fun at him because someones already gotten 100k views for putting theirs on youtube....
Its not as funny when I have to explain it............not that it was to begin with.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
little flamenco by chick corea. played at tempo it boggles the mind!
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Honestly...i tell people to come to my show and then i show them how i work in a band... It's satisfying, yes...to play something difficult that some one else wrote, but to write something difficult is a different story...way to be, Delirium, for rewriting something so epic and making it better...Cuz, everything is better on bass...
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
I usually play muse songs like Hysteria, Futurism (google it) and Bliss to show off as I've yet meet anyone who doesn't like Muse who isn't my dad.

As for things that took me a while too learn, Bassically took me about two months to learn and I was incredible smug once I learnt it but that was two years ago. I can play a bastardised version of Portrait of Tracy which removes a note from all the three stringed chords also.

What I'm most proud of is the riffs I've made myself as for the past year or so I've put most of my efforts into writing rather than covering.
Working on Donna Lee?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by watchingmefall
Personally, I take pride in my own compositions.

+Fitz

Nothing strokes the ego more than the stunned faces of an audience after an intense and insane original composition.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I take a lot of pride playing 'Song for the Dead' By Queens of the Stone Age. I just love every bit about that song! It's such a groovy tune to play!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
When i finally learnt most of my scales and was able to run an improv. piece out of my ass coherently.
the awakening - les claypool
scarified - racer x, i'm still working on the bass fills/solos though
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
This little thing i do with harmonics that bounces frequences of each other and so i get a treble wobble thing, im going to record it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Umm..., not sure. Pull Me Under? Or a little chord sequence/arpeggio thing I wrote recently.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

My groove is shown best in Dani California.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
The Killing Joke, by Chris Gearing & Mark Burgoyne.

I'll post the first page of this epic orchestral piece if anyone's interested...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I can't play very much because I suck at learning songs. Usually My Friend of Misery because it' just sounds good. I don't show off much
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think my Ego Song would have to be Here's to Life by Streetlight Manifesto. 90% of my friends are big on ska so they were impressed.
I can play the solo in Maxwell Murder by Rancid.

That's always fun to show off from time to time.
Signatures Are Stupid
Quote by Bassist1992
I can play the solo in Maxwell Murder by Rancid.

That's always fun to show off from time to time.

I can play the first 2 seconds of it..
I do a pretty mean My Generation solo, similar to the one on Live at Leeds, but with a bit of added "me".
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Either Norwegian Wood by Victor Wooten or Scoop by Marcus Miller...

Classical Thump and Bach's Cello Prelude are high up there too.
Quite likes Corrine Bailey Rae's new album Don't hurt me.
Page 1 of 2