Looking for an amp or combo

something like 5150 which i have. looking for american voiced 6l6 style high gain amp:-

less dark but not bright like an engl. less fizzy, nice smooth gain. i dont like mesa style buzzy rectos etc.

fender style cleans

60w preferrable but 120w okay

seperate eqs

i like the soldano hot rod, engl se, vht sig x and deliverance, framus cobra

£800 budget
Last edited by DaathMatal at Jul 20, 2009,
laney tt? might be too marshally, though, and not modern-sounding enough.

how flexible is that budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
laney tt? might be too marshally, though, and not modern-sounding enough.

how flexible is that budget?

as much as £1100 i guess but i would be as well getting a bugera 6262 which i like a lot and if it ****s up i can claim on house insurance (after a slight fall downstairs). I dont like Cobras etc enough to pay or justify to my girlfriend paying that kind of cash.
Last edited by DaathMatal at Jul 20, 2009,
ok, thanks. with £1100 or so you might be just about into things like koch, cheaper mesas (though you said you didn't like mesas), genz benz, brunetti etc., but if you think the bugera is almost as good (i haven't tried it), then that's your call, as you know your financial situation and what you want it for better than we do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bogner Alchemist
Used VHT deliverance will go for aorund 800
Orange AD30HTC

I dunno man, we could list amps all day.
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok, thanks. with £1100 or so you might be just about into things like koch, cheaper mesas (though you said you didn't like mesas), genz benz, brunetti etc., but if you think the bugera is almost as good (i haven't tried it), then that's your call, as you know your financial situation and what you want it for better than we do.

didnt like the genz benz el diablo decent but crazy money. brunetti evo was alright good allrounder but i think that is £1500. Kochs seem to have not enough gain unless im looking at different models.
yeah, brunettis might have gone up since I tried them- ditto the genz benz. When i tried them a year or two ago they were around the grand mark, but the economy and exchange rate have gone to crap since then. I think the koch powertone gets more modern, but again it's a lot more money.

your budget's kind of in-between the budget and boutique/high-end high gainers, unfortunately, which means it's going to be a struggle, especially when there are quite a few which you don't get on with. That's your prerogative, of course you're entitled to be picky (I know I am), just it makes things a bit harder.

First thing to decide would be how much better the more expensive amps are over that bugera- if you like that bugera (or something similar) enough, that might be problem solved.

Now that I think of it, a peavey 5150/6505 or xxx might be worth a try too, if it hasn't already been mentioned.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, brunettis might have gone up since I tried them- ditto the genz benz. When i tried them a year or two ago they were around the grand mark, but the economy and exchange rate have gone to crap since then. I think the koch powertone gets more modern, but again it's a lot more money.

your budget's kind of in-between the budget and boutique/high-end high gainers, unfortunately, which means it's going to be a struggle, especially when there are quite a few which you don't get on with. That's your prerogative, of course you're entitled to be picky (I know I am), just it makes things a bit harder.

First thing to decide would be how much better the more expensive amps are over that bugera- if you like that bugera (or something similar) enough, that might be problem solved.

Now that I think of it, a peavey 5150/6505 or xxx might be worth a try too, if it hasn't already been mentioned.

I really just wanted to hear about any alternatives ive not checked out.

ive got a 5150. its too dark and flat sounding, i dont like the lead channel so i ended up using the rhythm channel for gain which meant i had no cleans (not that they were good anyway).

ill probably just go bugera 6262 and claim on insurance if it buggers up.
Isn't the 6262 just a 5150/6505 clone? I'm surprised such a small difference would make you want one over the other.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Isn't the 6262 just a 5150/6505 clone? I'm surprised such a small difference would make you want one over the other.

go read up
Quote by timi_hendrix
Pass!

Well dont comment on something when you dont know what you are talking about.
oh ok. yeah, the cleans on the 5150 aren't amazing. I guess, if you like the bugera go for it, but the various bugera high gain models do have the name of being the poor man's 5150/xxx etc. But as i said, I haven't tried them, so that hearsay could be incorrect.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?