I bought a pedal tuner today, got it home plugged it in, and it sounds like there is 3 blankets over my speaker, the bypass sucks ass I can still hear my amp in the back ground while I'm tunning (only a little bit though) Is there any good tunners than don't suck tone for around $100
planet waves tuner
or
korg pitch black

i'd go for the planet waves, which is what i did, they're both true bypass and they're cool
my singer used to have the pitch black, and i like mine better

haven't tried the boss tu-2, but since it's boss, it probably has a bad buffer and will suck a bit of your tone
Quote by Darkflame
haven't tried the boss tu-2, but since it's boss, it probably has a bad buffer and will suck a bit of your tone

typical UGer. hasn't tried it but still comments on it.
have had the TU-2 for yrs and has never failed me and has done what I have asked of it. great tuner.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Ok thanks, so the buffer sucks your tone? I was pretty pissed when I got home (I didn't try the tuner with an amp) it just sounded like the tone knob on my guitar was all the way off
Quote by metalcorefan
Ok thanks, so the buffer sucks your tone? I was pretty pissed when I got home (I didn't try the tuner with an amp) it just sounded like the tone knob on my guitar was all the way off

huh? i dont understand, how did you hear loss of tone without it plugged in??
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by AC/DC4EVA
huh? i dont understand, how did you hear loss of tone without it plugged in??

I didn't try the tunner in the store with an amp, when I got it home it sucked tone like a cheap hooker
oooh
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Get a Korg Pitchblack. They win.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
What tuner did you get? Just so I don't get it myself
Thanks
Quote by Sguit
What tuner did you get? Just so I don't get it myself
Thanks

Its called Profile PT-55 worst **** ever
Quote by madh4ttr
typical UGer. hasn't tried it but still comments on it.
have had the TU-2 for yrs and has never failed me and has done what I have asked of it. great tuner.

Actually, the buffer is known for sucking your tone.
Would it have been my amp that was causing the tone ( I doubt it) I'm just using a small practise amp untill I get my 6505
Peterson Strobostomp. I've never used a better one. A bit pricey, but it's true bypass and flawless.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Pitchblack- though most of the "tone sucking" that people refer to is just placebo effect anyway. In a blind test, not one person on this forum would be able to tell the difference between a guitar and a guitar plugged through the TU2
+1 to the guy above me.

Korg Pitchblack. Its +/- 1% in tuning accuracy, as oppose to boss's +/- 3%

Plus, it's 10 bucks cheaper, and looks damn cool.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by mattocaster99
In a blind test, not one person on this forum would be able to tell the difference between a guitar and a guitar plugged through the TU2

+1
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads