Page 1 of 2
MEGA-TS-SELF-THREAD-JACKING-EDIT: This is now a 90's nostalgia thread.

So I was on the phone with my friend while she cleaned her room, and she found an entire case of Pogs, knowing my love of all things 90's she immediately drove them over to my house and gave me every single one, including 3 slammers and a couple metal ones. Great success.

So guys, what does The Pit have to say about this wonderful pinnacle of 90's Culture?

and yes, yes I did just start a Pog tribute thread
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Last edited by pwninator123 at Jul 20, 2009,
I haven't got any of mine left, and I had thousands.
No big loss though, they were a short lived fad here.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
yeah just a fad. needless to say, they were popular for a short time i think... there was not much to them.

i just sold mine.
"the end has no end"
I have no idea if I still have them. I'm thinking that I don't anymore.

Pogs need to come back.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Here in mexico those were called tazos, and had pictures of pokemon, saint seiya, looney tunes and dragon ball z, god they were awesome, I still have a few.
I used to have some, don't really remember what they were about.

Pretty sure I used to store them in old camera film cases.
wow i remember having some! I have no idea where they went or what they became..!
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
i had a freaking Pog Maker! you'd take the adhesive off of these blank pogs, an then put a picture in another part from like a magazine or whatever, then you'd slide it all together and twist a knob to cut it and you'd have your own custom picture pog... so sweet

i always made ones of snoopy.. lol
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
i remember having them, and my cousin tried to teach me to play, but it was just kinda like...

him: "right, i do this, then you give me your pogs, ok?"
me: "sure..."

needless to say i didnt have them very long
lol i torched those years ago, along with my f*cking crazy bones and pokemon cards
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i had a freaking Pog Maker! you'd take the adhesive off of these blank pogs, an then put a picture in another part from like a magazine or whatever, then you'd slide it all together and twist a knob to cut it and you'd have your own custom picture pog... so sweet

i always made ones of snoopy.. lol

YES! I had that exact same thing.

That was an incredibly short fad. I don't even remember how you were supposed to play. You had a stack of them, and then tried to flip them with the big rubber ones or something???
i had a slammer that was so awesome. it was all steel with a plastic/glass center shaped like a bomb. and the edges were serrated. omg it was just so awesome, but i lost it at the airport on a trip to the UK. now all i have are those crappy black plastic slammers, ****in so ****ty

edit:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
um, what are pogs?

you were born in 1994, you prob wouldn't know about them. i was 8 when they were big which means the year would have beeen 1997. you would've only been 3 years old.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by vash_08

That was an incredibly short fad. I don't even remember how you were supposed to play. You had a stack of them, and then tried to flip them with the big rubber ones or something???
Yeah you started with a stack, and then tried to flip them individually. I think. I don't really remember O_O
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah i used to shoot them as a kid, get a small stick and a rubber band and just launch em

Well when one got bored of them,The plastic Mortal combat ones worked really good!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I see your game.. you're going to collect all this shit together, then, in 20 years your going to sell all this for a major buck!

kudos man..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Glue them to your wall.

A full wall of pogs. Holy **** that would be awesome.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
Fad or not, pogs were the SH!T!!! I still play every chance I get lol.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
aww i had soo many metal ones.. all gone now though did find one in the garden like a month ago though which was pretty awesome!!

and OMG crazy bones were amaaaazing!!! i loved my childhood, i miss it

PS i also had a Pog maker...ooooh yeah
I still have my favorite POG. There was a run of a few with classic 50's style drawings of husbands and wives, and it's got a man holding his wife and he says "Gee, Sally! Your hair smells like POG!" and she has a thought bubble that says "And I didn't think he'd notice!"
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Eminored
I still have a few hundred in those tall cylinder things. I never actually learned how to play, I just liked the pictures.

Yeah I collected them for the coolness of the pictures too.
Quote by vash_08

I think it was something like, you had the stack, hit it with the slammer, those that landed a certain way up, you then owned them, you could either play for keeps or just for fun, i remember some asshole who lived on our street would play just for fun, then change the rules half way through when he was winning, and the rule applied to the whole game, so he got to keep all the pogs that he won, me and my brother didn't stand for that for too long.

I used to love pogs, even though it was just a fad, thinking about them brings back fond memories, i have memories of coming home from school on a winter afternoon, watching art attack, goosebumps, how (and how 2), then nagging my mum so that we can go to the shop and get a lollypop with the free pogs.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I never had those but I SOO REGRET selling my Pokemon cards.

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Call me sheltered, but i don't remember Pogs.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Tamagatchi's were cooler
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
Tamagatchi's were cooler

You shut your ***** mouth right now.

Edit:
Quote by toine
can we make this a 90's thread?

You're welcome.
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Last edited by pwninator123 at Jul 20, 2009,
I just remembered:...those stupid stupid stupid Metal Pogs...they can go home
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I never knew what you were supposed to do with them?

you stack all the regular ones face down in a big pile, take the slammer and hit the top of the pile, all the ones that land face-up you keep, and the one with the most by the end of the stack wins, but if you miss the stack on a slam it counts as a turn.
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
-Pogs
-Mighty max
-Power rangers
-One hit wonder bands
-Lego
-Kids TV shows

That is what i grew up on.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Page 1 of 2