i was wondering if anyone played poker of anykind and would like to share tips and experience with their fellow ug members
Po-Po-Po-Poker Face Po-Po-Pokerface

Use it.

Edit: ^^
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
i suck at poker

could be because im constantly off my face on crack

i am right now in fact

play to win
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
i played strip poker once and my clothes kept coming off..i dont know how to play poker..i think they were cheating to get me naked..

but it would benice to learn to play!
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
Puh puh puh poker face, puh puh poker face.
MAH MAH MAH MAH!

EDIT: I play a little, but not enough to learn jack.

that is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title..

stupid generic pop music, and how much I like it!

OT: I can play it pretty well.. its from nights in year 8 when there used to be a poker channel, and I stayed up and watched them play poker, yes that's right, just watching them play poker..

I can play it pretty well, but I get really competitive..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

The one time I did play, I bet my job and I lost. I did this because I believe life is for the living. I believe in taking risks and biting off more than you can chew. And also, people were yelling and I got confused about the rules.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
TS, what site do you play at?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Karvid
The one time I did play, I bet my job and I lost. I did this because I believe life is for the living. I believe in taking risks and biting off more than you can chew. And also, people were yelling and I got confused about the rules.

I play a lot online (texas hold 'em). I'm pretty decent IRL too, I guess. Whenever I play with people I'm always there at the last two. My bluffing game needs work though. My advice is... swallow your pride. It's never too late to fold.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
i don't know how to play
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Poker? I 'ardly know 'er!

I have a crap ton of tips, but I don't think you would understand. So I suggest playing, and learning what to bet on, learn what other people bet on, learn when and how to check raise, and learn to keep cool when you know you have a good hand.
I play, won some, lost some. But the poker-craze in Holland is waaaaaaaay too big. Suddenly every started playing.

I kinda play to finance my other expenses like going out with friends and stuff..
Pokerstars is my choice for online poker
Playing since december 2004
Quote by BloodMoon666

*sports commentator voice*
And this thread is over!

Wonderful match by TS but in the end simply overwhelmed by the pure skill and simplicity of unfluffed. A true professional in action.
They check, you bet
They bet, you raise
They raise, you go all in.

They go all in, have a good night.
For me, the key is confidence. Always show it. Get a good hand? Be confident about it but not overly so. Got a crap hand? Play it out and try and bluff your opponent to submission.

Personally, if i've got a pair or something similar, but on the draw there's another 2 in the suit that i've got, i'll try and go for a flush. If i don't get it, i've got a backup that i can lean back on but use the cards on the table to push on with CONFIDENCE!

Some say that if you show confidence during a poker game you lack character. I beg to differ. Last 5 games i played i cleaned the table. And i don't mean to brag, but i'm charismatic as hell...
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Never play online for money, no joke I've lost to quads 6 times in a week on Absolute Poker. Online poker card generators are designed to increase action so the house gets a bigger rake (amount they take from each pot that's over $0.50 or so which means you're more likely to see and lose to big hands, especially running cards for flushes, straights.
Quote by Black Rat 1214
Some say that if you show confidence during a poker game you lack character. I beg to differ. Last 5 games i played i cleaned the table. And i don't mean to brag, but i'm charismatic as hell...

you sound a bit like me
i love poker. My friends and I play home-games all the time. It's great fun.

can anyone recommend any online poker sites that are good?