Page 1 of 2
So list some songs that always bring back memories of people, places, times in your life, give some details.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Jump Nyahbinghi by Bob Marley always reminds me of the first time I met a friend of mine. Every time I hear it I vividly remember sitting on the sofa with him putting the fire to a chalice of fresh ganja with that song playing in the background. I remember almost every exact detail right down to the smell of the weed and the slight taste of clay and coconut from the smoke drawn through the pipe and for some reason a particularly interesting curl of smoke rising out of the kutchie.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Beautiful Day by U2 always reminds me of Indianapolis Colts games. Every time they win they play that song.
House of pain by Van Halen always reminds me of a summer i spent with a girl at her summer house
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Arctic Monkeys demos remind me of my discovery of rock music back in year 9.. oh the good old days..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Nottingham Lace by Buckethead.

It was the song playing just before I found out my dad died.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Set Fire To The Third Bar reminds me of my lass.

And Only Ash Remains reminds me of driving.
The guy who said goodbye to you is out of his mind by Griffin house reminds me of my bromosexual! Everyone has one
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Genocide - Judas Priest reminds me of barbeque sunflower seeds because that's what I was eating when I first discovered how awesome the song was.
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Days turn blue to gray by Machine Head gives me depressing memories of yr 11 at school mostly, i find it a hard song to listen to these days

UG's PROG HEADS!!

Quote by PullTigerTail
What the hell's a gigawatt!?
Wheels of Confusion by Black Sabbath reminds me of my trip to an old mining town 2 years ago... I think it was because I listened to that song at least 2 or 3 times when i was sitting around in the hotel room.
Quote by Tanooki
Nottingham Lace by Buckethead.

It was the song playing just before I found out my dad died.

ah mate that sucks, and its such a beautiful song too
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Black by Pearl Jam reminds me of a relationship I had. The girl got cancer and we broke up so she could have some space. I then foolishly decided to get off with one of her best friends a month later while incredibly intoxicated, and it pissed her off royally. She got better, but she sure as hell didn't want to see me again. I still care for her and hope she's doing well, but damn I feel like a dick :/ Either way, the song reminds me of her and makes my throat clench every time.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica reminds me when we had to put my dog to sleep.
Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues reminds me of a trip my friend and I took to Myrtle Beach last year.
Jenny Says by Cowboy Mouth and Rock'n'Roll is Bitchin' by Reel Big Fish, among many others, are involved in inside jokes, thus reminding me of the person those jokes were made with. Good times.
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley reminds me of high school and how much I miss performing for this bi-annual show we had. It was the last solo song I did for it.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Last edited by sadSTATUE at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by Talonwolf
Black by Pearl Jam reminds me of a relationship I had. The girl got cancer and we broke up so she could have some space. I then foolishly decided to get off with one of her best friends a month later while incredibly intoxicated, and it pissed her off royally. She got better, but she sure as hell didn't want to see me again. I still care for her and hope she's doing well, but damn I feel like a dick :/ Either way, the song reminds me of her and makes my throat clench every time.

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Los Enananitos Verdes "El Extraño De Pelo Largo"

They practically wrote that song about me.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
the last supper by grave digger - elder scrools 3 morrowind
are you dead yet by children of bodom - total annihilation
the beast by vader elder scrolls 4 oblivion
trouble in the land of funk, tale of the funky monkey by icronic - my not girlfriend

<.<

>.>

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Higher" by Creed always reminds me of year 8, the year I had my first "crush."

I learned it on my guitar and played it for her. Half way through she laughed at how stupid I was and left. We haven't spoken since
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by METALxHEAD164
For Whom The Bell Tolls always reminds me of when I visited California. idk why

A song about a book about the Spanish Civil War reminds you of California?

WTF are you smoking?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
"Magic Chicken" by The Aquabats reminds me of one of my best friends that moved away to Missouri.

Anything by The Dresden Dolls, Regina Spektor, Baroness, Oasis, and a bunch more bands reminds me of the chick I'm digging right now.

Anything by Protest the Hero reminds me of my two best friends (particularly "The Divine Suicide of K").

More, of course, but I'm drawing blanks.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Nothing Else Matters-Metallica

I would listen to the song everynight before I went to bed and one night I didn't and my friend lost his mom to cancer that night
Sharpest Lives and Mama by My Chemical Romance reminds me of spending a weekend on Topsail Beach in North Carolina and collecting shark teeth from the beach RIGHT outside the house where we were staying with my grandma's friend. Also it reminds me of waiting for my first guitar to arrive at my house via UPS.

Let's Go Crazy covered by Incubus reminds me of their concert I went to on August 11th.

Crawling by Linkin Park reminds me of staying in my old house where I met my first real friend through deviantART, and how we talked every night all night till about 6am and she was comforting me when I had to have blood drawn through my wrist and everything, and how I was freaked out to get antidepressants and stuff cause I'm only 13 and ugh.. Now she ignores me and that song makes me upset.
Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the sky reminds me of this girl... That's all I have to say about that.

Van Deimen's Land by U2 reminds me of a week that I spent at this Danish family camp with aforementioned girl and her family... worst and best week of my life.

A lot of the songs I listen to remind me of a certain feeling that I felt at a certain time in my life, but I can never remember them when I'm not listening to them.
the Set Up (You Need This) by Reel Big Fish and Times Like These by the Foo Fightersalways reminds me of two amazing weeks of life I spent at a summer camp with a bunch of amazing people.

When You Were Young by The Killers first reminds me of my first girlfriend, and a few other though not as important things.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Aug 26, 2009,
"Svefn-G-Englar" by Sigur Ros has both positive and negative thoughts. Good, because I've laid around countless times and found comfort in it. BAD because one night I was having a personal crisis, and basically had an anxiety attack (long story). So, I turned on my iPod, put it on "Svefn-G-Englar", and tried to comfort myself as best I could.

It didn't work. Not only did I feel just as bad, but I couldn't listen to that song for about six months without having memories of the night the song failed.

"Silver"- Jesu. Like "Svefn-G-Englar", LOTS of fantastic moments associated with this one. The main one I always remember is the first time I got high at home alone. I had made this little homemade bong, and I took a big hit and took a shower. Before all of this, though, I put in a Jesu MP3 CD I made into my stereo, and turned it way up.

As soon as I stepped out of the shower, my high was rising beautifully, and when my feet hit the cold bathroom floor, "Silver" kicked in. One of the most amazing moments I've ever experienced.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Listening to Elvis makes me think of my old music teacher. She rocked. Paramore and Candye Kane makes me think of my ex. Oh, Lynyrd Skynyrd always makes me think of my old dog. She died a few years back.. I dunno why, but i think it has to do with how chill and stereotypically southern my ol' Basset Hound was, and how Skynyrd grabs that feeling and squeezes it out like a pitmonkey squeezes out fapsauce.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
When John Frusciante says "You gatta feel your lines" in the song Central (from the Empyrean) reminds me to be myself no matter what...sounds like a cliche thing to say but it really helped me think better of myself. Idk. =)

Edit: Any Rob Zombie song reminds me of my favorite art teacher ever. Long story but ya. lol.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa
Last edited by GuitarFretteret at Aug 26, 2009,
i dont wanna miss a thing by aerosmith

it was the only rock song that anyone in my drama class knew the words to and for some reason we used to sing it as loud as we could after every performance we put on

i never realy liked that song that much but now it has so much meaning to me

it reminds me of the last time i was truly happy
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
"My Iron Lung" by Radiohead reminds me of some dark times I had, where the only thing really keeping me from doing something stupid to myself was my friends, who were, in a sense, my iron lung.

"No Woman, No Cry" by Bob Marley reminds me of the aforementioned friends, and how we hardly see each other any more, mainly the "Good friends we've had, and good friends we've lost, along the way" bit. The chorus reminds me of how one of those friends was suicidally depressed, and how we helped her through those times.

"Time" and "Breathe" by Pink Floyd remind me of the first time I really listened to them, and the epiphany it gave me that I was wasting my time focusing on the negative aspects of life, and how I should pay more attention to the little things that make life worth living.

On a lighter note, "Terrible Lie" by Nine Inch Nails reminds me of the first real rock concert I ever attended, which was NIN and Janes Addiction, which kicked total ass.

Can't really think of any other ones, but, there you have it.
counting crows-accidentally in love reminds me of the time i did an acoustic set in a field, haha, one of the weirdest things i've ever done.

i remember people sitting around a campfire, shouting out requests, and i played this, and its become one of the songs im associated with, as well as jason mrz, im yours, as i pretty much take my guitar everywhere i go when im just hanging out round my nearby towns, so people do recognise me if im about, and ask me to play one of those 2 songs.
The song Windowpane by Opeth really makes me nostalgia for my high school sophomore year. As does Children of Decadence by Children of Bodom, and Jimmy by Tool. They just happen to be some of the songs I listened to a lot at the time that school year began. I tend to associate certain songs with memorable parts of my life not because of the lyrical themes, but simply because I listened to them a lot at that time. does this happen with anybody else?
"Alias" by In Flames is a song I JUST got into and it reminds me of my time in this high school I'm in. I don't trust any of my friends, nor my gf. I don't feel sorry for myself or anything, but "Alias" pretty much sums up my reaction towards my distrust.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Page 1 of 2