Page 1 of 2
What solos did you find most fun to learn? Im onto more advanced solos but dont want to to boring shred or impossible greg howe style stuff.
I love the sound of the solo in 50 Million year Trip (Downside Up) by Kyuss. It's a mellow solo at the end of the song, easy to play, but I just love playing and hearing it.
Definately the freebird solo that's how you know someone's good if they know how to play that
Quote by mcoolseph
Definately the freebird solo that's how you know someone's good if they know how to play that

Who couldn't play the solo for Freebird? In essence it's just really repetitive exercises.

Also, my favorite solo to play as of now is the solo in the song Bleed by Meshuggah.
Last edited by sefeed at Jul 21, 2009,
I love playing the november rain solos by guns n roses. Lots of bends, vibratos, great sounding. I also find any solos by Joe Perry fun.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by mcoolseph

In all honsety, it's really not that hard dude.

As for what's a fun solo, "Blindfolds Aside" by Protest The Hero is pretty fun. It has a little bit of everything in it, bends, vibrato, tremolo picking, and even sweeping.
Quote by mcoolseph

The Freebird solo isn't difficult, it's really just simple blues licks repeated over for a few minutes.

I've really been having fun with Miles of Machines by Jeff Loomis but it's more of a shred song but it has real style IMO.
when i read this i instantly thought of the first solo i learnt. the outro solo of fade to black is just so much fun to play, and its pretty easy compared to most other stuff ino.
I really like the racer X solo on Loud and Clear, but the live version one.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Second solo in Counterbalance by Threat Signal and the last solo in The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater. Awesome.

Also some nice, really simple ones i.e. Don't Dream It's Over, Layla.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith. But thats probably just because I'm inordinately proud of myself for learning it, me still being a nublet lol.
Quote by Faded Grey
In all honsety, it's really not that hard dude.

As for what's a fun solo, "Blindfolds Aside" by Protest The Hero is pretty fun. It has a little bit of everything in it, bends, vibrato, tremolo picking, and even sweeping.

Well one sweep lol

Since I'm a newbie, I find Iron Man to be fun as well as Paranoid. A bit of Green Day is good for me as well.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
I love the solo If You Want Peace Prepare for War by Children of Bodom. Really really fun to play....has whammy bar stuff, double stops, alt picking, bending, blues licks, and some shred...all in one solo.

Great solo and a technique builder.
I find Cowboys from Hell to be pretty fun...so is Tornado of Souls!
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Paradigm Shift from Liquid Tension Experiment. That's one of my favorite. Knockin on Heaven's Door is pretty fun too.
these things we do that others may live
i can't believe no one mentioned Floods by Pantera!....that solo seriously gives me chills.
i like the last solo in sanitarium. not too hard. also unforgiven has a nice feel to it imo.

other that i dont know any other solos which are particularly enjoyable... oh and master of puppets first solo. (i dont only play metallica lol. they just happen to have fun solos that i happen to know :P).

maybe first solo in blood brothers by iron maiden?

EDIT: intro solo to layla by clapton (in the unplugged version).
Sum 41 - The Hell Song. It's not difficult but it's great fun to play. And the all the lead parts from Machine Head's Aesthetics of Hate are awesome too.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
Thin Lizzy - Still in love with you

That has a DAMN nice solo right there. One of my faves.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
dancing in the moonlight-thin lizzy
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
The end solo to Second Heartbeat by avenged sevenfold
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Conquer All-Behemoth is really fun to play
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
F-in A man Voodoo Child Slight Return as played by Stevie Ray Vaughan. The whole damn song is a solo. 12 minutes worth of wah, whammy, fret hand tapping, dead strokes and shredding. Give it a listen and you will DEFINITELY want to play that s***!!!!!!!!!
The solo to Selkies: The Endless Obcession is really fun to play, It's just so expressive, and packed with emotion.
I love any queen solo, easy but really fun....
or 'the shadows' melodic pieces, they are REALLY easy but fun too
The Blackened Solo by Metallica and Gentaro Satomura's Neo Classical Shred solo has it all: sweep picking, alternate picking, bends, vibrato, ho/po, string skipping arpeggios, blues licks, artificial harmonics, and pure shredding!
Sublime - Santeria, Foo fighters - Stranger things have happened, Chilis - Californication. all so much fun and easy
Page 1 of 2