What was Gilmours sig guitar? What did syd Use of rhis signature guitar. I need answers please. also feel free to talk about who you guys think is better, difernces in the floyd era ect.
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Gilmour's was a strat I believe. I do not know about Syd.

And I believe that you can't compare the two. You can't compare grapes and apples.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
erm gilmours mostly famous for using his black strat aswell as other strats

barett used danos and teles
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by Junnage
Gilmour's was a strat I believe. I do not know about Syd.

And I believe that you can't compare the two. You can't compare grapes and apples.

yea man i know what your saying they are two totally different sounds but they are both ****ing amazing, but i do think as in technique gilmour would win, but with expiermentation and seeing what he could do with a guitar it was definatley syd.
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Yeah Strats for Gilmour and Teles for Barret. Syd also use rics
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I believe Dave's main guitar has been his black Fender stratocaster, which has, depending on when we're talking, regular single-coils, EMG SA's, Lace Sensors, I believe gold ones, or a Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the bridge and Fender Vintage Reissue single-coils in the mid and neck if we're talking his stage replicas. He has used teles and P-90 Goldtops occasionally though.

As for Syd, either a Danelectro of the same type Jimmy Page used for slide, or a black tele/esquire(I can never remember whether or not he had a neck pickup,) with a mirror pickguard.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by stinger12345
I believe Gilmour uses Lace Sensors on his strats too, can anyone confirm that?

No you're probably thinking of his EMGs which if I remember correctly he took out of his red strat because they weren't stratty enough. Check up on Gilmourish for Gilmour's guitars, lots of info there.

EDIT: ^ I may be wrong then, have to double check.

And it was his red strat that had the EMG set in them. I don't believe he ever put them in his black strat.
Last edited by aaronni at Jul 20, 2009,
i've heard on some occasions gilmour has also used a lp
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by captaindonut
i've heard on some occasions gilmour has also used a lp

He used a goldtop LP with P90s for the Another Brick In The Wall solo. He used telecasters a lot as well.

There's a whole list of guitars he's used on his wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gilmour#Guitars
Last edited by aaronni at Jul 20, 2009,
Gilmour taught Syd Barrett how to play guitar when they were in Uni apparently, it makes no difference as to the argument of whom is better but I thought it was an interesting fact that I found out just the other day.

Personally, as with all tone and "guitar" arguments - it is of course subjective, I think that Gilmour is phenomenal, he is my all time favourite guitarist and Barrett just doesn't compare in my opinion, however, I do think Barrett is amazing.