How many frets do UGers like on their guitars??

Personally, i am a fan of the 24, but i recently bought an Ibanez Destroyer 155 and it has 22.

It has a different feel...

but besides that, what do you all like?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I like anything from 22-24. Only strats I can "make it have 22 frets", but it's a little more difficult to hit the spot since it's only intended to have 21. You just gotta hit right under the 21st.
I like 24, give's room for some huge sounding arpeggios. I'm kind of interested in the xiphos's 27 frets... mmmmm.
24 frets.

I like having a "complete" fretboard. No particular reason why. If its 21 or 22, the guitar feels incomplete to me. If its more than 24, it somehow feels unbalanced to me.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
well i have a 21 fret guitar and cant wait til i get a new one which has 24. there is nothing more annoying to me than needing to bend the 22nd fret on the high e string. my neck is bolt on only making it harder to bend the 21st fret 3 semitones.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I don't really solo all that much and I don't believe in the magic 24th fret harmonic or whatever, so it doesn't really matter to me. I have guitars with both. Scale length and neck shape are considerations far more important than number of frets.
Hi, I'm Peter
I'd buy a caparison horus if i had the money.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I need 22, but it's nice to have 24 for when I solo in E minor, which is a lot.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
21 because then you have a pretty little dot or whatever on the last fret.

24 frets...because then you have 2 pretty little dots on the last fret.

Serious though I prefer 24 frets...more like I won't buy a guitar unless it has 24 frets.
All of my guitars have 24, but I rarely use frets 23 and 24. I just like having 24 frets for the reassurance that I know I will be able to play most of the songs out there (as most of the bands I listen to use 24-fret guitars).

22 is fine for me, though.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Would you guys mind explaining to me what advantages having 22+ frets gives over 21? I never though that you really use anything past 18 even o.o
Quote by Eag1e
Would you guys mind explaining to me what advantages having 22+ frets gives over 21? I never though that you really use anything past 18 even o.o

I use my 12-24 frets more than I do my 1-12.

Even if you don't use all 24 it makes getting at the higher (21 or 22) frets that much easier as they are not right in the pocket where your hand would be.

Making any sense?
no less than 24 for me.

the same advantage you gt from adding strings... more range. plus a lot of runs that i've come up with either begin or end on the 24th fret, so i've come to NEED it now.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Last edited by konfyouzd at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by srob7001
24 frets...because then you have 2 pretty little dots on the last fret.

Serious though I prefer 24 frets...more like I won't buy a guitar unless it has 24 frets.

My PGM has three pretty little dots on the 24th fret.

24 frets is nice I guess, but it's more about the guitar they're attached to.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
My PGM has three pretty little dots on the 24th fret.

24 frets is nice I guess, but it's more about the guitar they're attached to.

well that's true. but i'm definitely more likely to buy a guitar that i could mod to my liking with 24 frets than a guitar that feels nice as is with less than 24 simply because i'll feel a little restricted without those frets.

when i dont have them i tend to reach for them anyway just like when i play 6 strings some of the time i'll reach for the non-existent 7th string.

i guess it's just something i got used to.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Does anyone actually have a guitar with more than 24 frets on it?
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by Samothomas
Does anyone actually have a guitar with more than 24 frets on it?

The Extended Ibanez Xiphos has 27, and if you really want to go all out, you can get a 7 string 27 fret Xiphos. Ive also seen Batio use a 29 Fret guitar.

Im saving up for the 24 Fret Xiphos ($700), But the 27 Fret one costs $200 more, and only comes in an ugly green. If it came in Black like the 24 I would take it.