I just purchased a set of new 250k Fender USA pots for my daughters squire tele off of ebay. After installing them they feel kinda squeaky and scratchy.

Is there anyway to smooth out the action of pots? The squire pots felt much smoother.

Also, when I pulled the squire pots off, they were labeled A500k and B500K, do they install 500K pots on a Squire Tele Affinity Series?
yeah squier uses 500k (???)

there is pot cleaner out there, and cleaning all the contacts might help, but thats really just the pot itself, not much you can do.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by njohnsen
I just purchased a set of new 250k Fender USA pots for my daughters squire tele off of ebay. After installing them they feel kinda squeaky and scratchy.

Is there anyway to smooth out the action of pots? The squire pots felt much smoother.

Also, when I pulled the squire pots off, they were labeled A500k and B500K, do they install 500K pots on a Squire Tele Affinity Series?
I'm pretty sure Squier uses 500k on most all of their models, regardless of SC or HB.

You could try a lubricant, but you'll run the risk of gumming up the contact from wiper to element. Most potentiometer cleaners have also have a bit of lubricant (usually mineral oil) in them too. You can spray some inside as well as between the shaft and bushing. This might help a bit.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I use Deoxit contact cleaner for the purpose; works like a charm and I've never had any of the gummy residue SYK mentioned.
Quote by lumberjack
I use Deoxit contact cleaner for the purpose; works like a charm and I've never had any of the gummy residue SYK mentioned.

Some of this stuff?

Wow, I had no idea those were 500k pots. I wonder what its going to sound like with some scn's and those new pots. I gutted it, added copper tape to kill the hum and purchased new USA guts via ebay.

Thanks for the tips guys!!