my 10 year old cousin. wtf?
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
wait until puberty
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
*Insert pic of perfect pitch guy*
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
its not that hard to obtain really.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
To Fenderhippie, You cant obtain perfect pitch, you can only obtain relative pitch
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Ten bucks says OP doesn't know what perfect pitch is.

Especially because you automatically/magically know the TS perfectly right when you click on their thread
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by drCoSmO1
To Fenderhippie, You cant obtain perfect pitch, you can only obtain relative pitch

Yeah. I'm really surprised at this guy's ability to recognize the notes I'm playing on my guitar when he has been musically training on a piano for just 8 months. He has no technique, but I'm looking at piano songs on youtube and he can nail the notes perfectly
Quote by Svennz
Especially because you automatically/magically know the TS perfectly right when you click on their thread

That doesn't even make sense.

How does your cousin have perfect pitch then. Give us some examples.

Quote by Svennz
Yeah. I'm really surprised at this guy's ability to recognize the notes I'm playing on my guitar when he has been musically training on a piano for just 8 months. He has no technique, but I'm looking at piano songs on youtube and he can nail the notes perfectly

That's not perfect pitch.
Omg dAv1d LuCa5 bUrg3 FTW!

Evr1 P1tch loL P3Rfct Te4BG7 H78hy! OMg!
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
What you assumed before didn't make much sense either, really. It's just random bashing.

He names EVERY note without any reference.
Last edited by Svennz at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

That's not perfect pitch.

Perfect Pitch (Wiki): The ability of a person to identify or recreate a musical note without the benefit of an external reference.
Sounds like perfect pitch to me...

I've only met one person with perfect pitch. She was in my music class this year, and from Korea.
Quote by drCoSmO1

sorry but no. its like anything else you can learn it.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
I read somewhere not so long ago that said it was a bit more common on East Asia for people to have perfect pitch.

This is awesome. I might use him as my chord dictionary, lol. There are plenty of chords in my songs that I didn't know what they were.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
sorry but no. its like anything else you can learn it.

No, your relative pitch can get very very good but unless obtained at a very young age, perfect pitch is lost forever.
Why are so many asians musical proteges!?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Quote by mulletboy14
Perfect Pitch (Wiki): The ability of a person to identify or recreate a musical note without the benefit of an external reference.

I've only met one person with perfect pitch. She was in my music class this year, and from Korea.

Perfect pitch is better than that. I can identify notes without external referance, but I have nowhere near perfect pitch. E.g I can't immediately say what key a piece is in without thinking of the notes.
Quote by Fenderhippie69

I'm guessing you stuck with it? Hows it coming along for you?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by stratman7
No, your relative pitch can get very very good but unless obtained at a very young age, perfect pitch is lost forever.

meh. im not buying it.

perfect pitch is defined as "the ability of a person to identify or recreate a musical note without the benefit of an external reference." that can be learned.

Quote by itchy guitar
I'm guessing you stuck with it? Hows it coming along for you?

I did. Its helped a lot for me. I still cant always tell what note is what but its coming along nicely.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Perfect pitch is better than that. I can identify notes without external referance, but I have nowhere near perfect pitch. E.g I can't immediately say what key a piece is in without thinking of the notes.

Yeah, I just read the rest of the Wiki; but still, this could be an underdeveloped form of perfect pitch or something. I'm sure there are varying degrees of the condition.
At the age of 10, the kid may just be discovering he has this; maybe he'll be able to identify the key of a piece or notes of a chord in time.
Quote by Fenderhippie69

yes it is if you're not born with it.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
Quote by Fenderhippie69

I did. Its helped a lot for me. I still cant always tell what note is what but its coming along nicely.

Awesome, I haven't practiced in about a week but I can sing all the notes in thechords, so I guess its a start.

Quote by FishCream
yes it is if you're not born with it.

Hard, yes. impossible, no.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by itchy guitar
Awesome, I haven't practiced in about a week but I can sing all the notes in thechords, so I guess its a start.

i havent tried to sing much but i have noticed that when i do sing im not way out of key. the biggest thing ive noticed is a can pick out the chords in a song without looking them up or much experimenting. Im happy with it so far.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Quote by mulletboy14

Was it the same one David L. B. was friends with?

Linda...

*Narrows Eyes*
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I say you don't have perfect pitch unless you can tell me the note a random dog is barking at.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jul 20, 2009,
Yeah my brother has it too. And to people saying it isn't hard to get, it's almost impossible. You can get very good relative pitch.
I don't think you can get perfect pitch. How does someone who's never heard a note say: "That's a G doubly-diminished. . . 7th."
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.