I'm pretty set on the Bad Monkey actually but if anyone has any better recommendations for less than 100 USD I'd gladly take them into consideration.

I'm also looking to get rid of a EHX Metal Muff...

....where would be the best place to sell it? Craigslist? eBay? Pawn shop?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Ebay,Craigslist and here and Harmony Central

for an OD i suggest a USED TS9 or a modded Bad Monkey/SD-1
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Ebay,Craigslist and here and Harmony Central

for an OD i suggest a USED TS9 or a modded Bad Monkey/SD-1

I thought about getting a TS9 clone KIT and a soldering iron....

....hmmm.....

...opinions on that idea?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I thought about getting a TS9 clone KIT and a soldering iron....

....hmmm.....

...opinions on that idea?

i think thats a nice idea
you gain some experience of building a pedal

and maybe you can mod it to 808 specs
feel free to add me
There's not much you can do in the way of modding to the Bad Monkey, since all the parts are tiny and SMPCB. IbanezPsycho has a few tweaks to add more transparency though.

Modded SD-1s kick ass.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
There's not much you can do in the way of modding to the Bad Monkey, since all the parts are tiny and SMPCB. IbanezPsycho has a few tweaks to add more transparency though.

Modded SD-1s kick ass.

Do you think I'm capable of modding an SD-1?

I've had some moderate training in soldering and stuff. I built a robot last year with nothing but a circuit board, a bag of parts and instructions.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Do you think I'm capable of modding an SD-1?

I've had some moderate training in soldering and stuff. I built a robot last year with nothing but a circuit board, a bag of parts and instructions.

you can get some instructions down at the GB&C
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you can get some instructions down at the GB&C

Alright then.

I might try to make a trade-in on my Metal Muff for an SD-1 at a local shop.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by Deanguitarist39
I'd just stick with the bad monkey

....you also just bought a Flexwave, dude.

No hate, I'm just sayin'.....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
....you also just bought a Flexwave, dude.

No hate, I'm just sayin'.....

I loled.

TS, why do you need an OD? I thought B52s had a tonne of gain already, and it sounds kinda tight...Or is it for a volume boost for soloing or something?
Just asking..
for the B-52, which already has a very tight compressed distortion, i would look more towards an EQ pedal. that's just me though, if you want an overdrive, i'd go for the modded SD-1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The Keeley SD-1 stacked mod is bad ass!!
An overdrive for what the drive channel lol that channel has plenty of gain on that amp but you have to turn it up to 5 at least. I have one and gig with it twice a week and never ever have I had to use an overdrive on the gain channel. But I do use a behringer vintage tube monster on the clean channel to get that old half overdriven sound and let me tell you this pedal delivers it very well. But the AT-112 needs no help on the overdrive channel. I suggest changing out your preamp tubes intead
Bad monkey is a good choice- I've been happy with sounds I've got running a TS9 into clean channel of the AT-112 (mild overdrive and a little crunch, not distortion), and the Monkey is a pretty spot on clone for half the price. As far as cloning, don't do it if you're trying to save money-- You'll end up spending almost as much plus at least 6 hours of labor if it's your first pedal. If you want to do it for enjoyment and experience, then go for it! For resources, check out GB&C here, diystompboxes, and BYOC. And from what you say about your soldering experience, you're better prepared than most people building their first pedal.