Hey guys! i recently picked up a ibanez weeping demon on cragislist, and now im just going used nuts. Equal quality but for half the price.. i love used.

anyways, i tried pretty much every guitar in existence that i could get in my price range ($1000 or so used ) , and i narrowed it down to the LP studio.

i'd get a standard, but im not that rich of a 14 year old, and thats a hell of a lot of farm work for 2 grand. but im also in a band so i need my guitar to not look like crap, so i need your opinion on getting good looks out of a studio.

ive narrowed it down to this:

- alpine white

- fireburst

- black with gold hardware, then replace little switches, pickup rings, ect. to a better colour to match the rest ( like a cream colour )

i really just want your opinions on what would look good, and just little creative ideas to make it look better... would stores paint on binding like on epiphones?

i guess in the back of my mind i just want you to flame me saying they look good enough and thats what you get XD, but for those who want to play along.... POST AWAY!
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
Last edited by allskillage at Jul 20, 2009,
even without the binding? .... i guess it does look decent. score: white: 1 black: 0 burst : 0
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Yeah alpine white with gold hw is teh secks, especially when aged.

I like the fireburst too though.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I'd say get the burst! For some reason the white just don't appeal to me without the binding.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Considering the music you like (from your past threads) get an ESP LTD EC-1000 instead with duncans or EMGs whatevs thats personal preference.

Seriously though I could've sworn you've made like 10 different "i'm getting this guitar" threads, but whatevs.
Well it's all preference. I like all of those colors, and it would be hard for me to pick one but i'd go with alpine white. For some reason, i think that the alpine white without binding looks better than with it.

Also, a poll would be good.
Quote by siverstorm
Considering the music you like (from your past threads) get an ESP LTD EC-1000 instead with duncans or EMGs whatevs thats personal preference.

Seriously though I could've sworn you've made like 10 different "i'm getting this guitar" threads, but whatevs.

i know im a ***! just type my name in the searchbar lol. but everytime i make the thread , i play the guitar and end up being dissapointed. this time i played every guitar through the same amp, seriously! esps, jacksons, gibson, fender, even dean. this time i tried everything so expect less threads from me in the future!

sorry im all for the gibson, that ltd just doesnt feel " right "
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well it's all preference. I like all of those colors, and it would be hard for me to pick one but i'd go with alpine white. For some reason, i think that the alpine white without binding looks better than with it.

Also, a poll would be good.

agreed man! i was trying to figure that out! how do you make a poll? im stuck between the alpine white, or getting a black one and changing stuff...
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by allskillage
agreed man! i was trying to figure that out! how do you make a poll? im stuck between the alpine white, or getting a black one and changing stuff...

Edit your original post, and there should be a box below where you type that says "Additional Options" and it will have a check box that says "Add a poll to this thread" or something like that.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Edit your original post, and there should be a box below where you type that says "Additional Options" and it will have a check box that says "Add a poll to this thread" or something like that.

:\.. you wana just make it for me? im forumly-challenged.
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Imo black guitars and white guitars look horrible without binding but the fireburst one looks stunning without binding, gold hardwear and cream trim. Darkburst style sunburst finishes can get away without binding and still look good.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I would but i'm not a mod

start a new thread~! lol just copy and paste what i wrote :P
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by al112987
Imo black guitars and white guitars look horrible without binding but the fireburst one looks stunning without binding, gold hardwear and cream trim. Darkburst style sunburst finishes can get away without binding and still look good.

i kinda agree dude. black with white binding is hott
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
some of the finishes can get away with not having binding, the wine red looks ok without binding as does the fireburst, but the cherry sunburst and solid colors look terrible imo.

I would buy used though, look at '90s made guitars, and spend the rest of the money on a set of new pickups and an RS kit.
Quote by al112987
some of the finishes can get away with not having binding, the wine red looks ok without binding as does the fireburst, but the cherry sunburst and solid colors look terrible imo.

I would buy used though, look at '90s made guitars, and spend the rest of the money on a set of new pickups and an RS kit.

RS kit? iight ill look oooollllddddd
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
The RS kit may or may not be important to you depending on whether or not you like to use your volume and tone controls. I use a single channel plexi head so I get all my different tones using my guitar's volume and tone controls (les pauls are the best for this), and amongst all the pickup upgrades I made, changing out the two volume pots and the tone caps was the single most significant improvement to my tone that I made to the guitar. Gibson puts 300k linear taper volume pots in all their production level guitars and these nasty ass ceramic disk caps which sound horrible. The custom shop and historics use CTS audio taper pots, which is better, but the taper on those are also pretty iffy.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 20, 2009,
oh kool, i didnt know what you ment by a RS kit XD
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
www.rsguitarworks.net

online store, electronics upgrade kits. I don't use the entire kit, I just use the superpots for my volumes and then CTS 500k pots for my tones and Russian PIO caps (like... $10 for a pair)
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 20, 2009,
cool thanks, im kinda lazy. tone: 10 volume: 10. but still a thought!
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
well yea, they sound pretty good, but the only one that looks apealing is the alpine white, but then again, i LOVE alpine white les pauls....BUt yea, the others, many of the looks on them BLOW
yeah, and the fireburst doesnt look like they paid to much care when doing it. i think alpine is the way to go right now.... but apparently it picks up colours, ( my teachers has a blue mark on the bottom from his jeans ).. so used might be a little worn but whatever.
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon