So I bought a cable to connect my ipod to my Line 6 Spider III amplifier. However I can not get any sound at all to come from the amp even though everything appears to be hooked up properly.
Quote by Haunt3dAng3l
So I bought a cable to connect my ipod to my Line 6 Spider III amplifier. However I can not get any sound at all to come from the amp even though everything appears to be hooked up properly.

Thats your problem.

/bandwagonhate
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Do you have the channel and/or master volumes turned up? Also, are you connecting it to the instrument input or the line in?

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
The fail oozed out of the amp and destroyed the cable and the ipod. I hope your happy now
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
The Spider III mp3 in runs on independent volume, so turning up the volume on the amp itself won't change that, you have to change it on the iPod itself. Borrow a cord from someone else to isolate the problem by determining if it is the amp, the cord, or the iPod. I'll already take a guess it's not the iPod since you most likely listen to it.
Have you tried playing multiple songs on the iPod, to see if NONE of them will play out of the Line 6? Because on mine I've noticed that only a certain channel will play, like what you would hear in the left ear or the right ear (on a set of earphones). So maybe, if you're only using one song to see if the amp will play it, that song like, starts off in only one channel or something.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by RG5EX1
Thats your problem.

/bandwagonhate

As soon as I read the title I knew someone would post a stupid remark like this.